Highlighted

Units looking weird

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 17.45.14.pngHi! 

just updated Illustrator and instead on normal points\ mm this is what is appears. (also in drop shadow units as well) 

how can i change it back? 

thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Units looking weird

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 17.45.14.pngHi! 

just updated Illustrator and instead on normal points\ mm this is what is appears. (also in drop shadow units as well) 

how can i change it back? 

thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few places where you can change the units. If you deselect everything and go to the Properties panel (Window > Properties, if it's not showing up), go to the Document section and change Units to points or whatever other unit of measure you prefer. You can also go to Edit > Preferences > Units... on a PC or Illustrator > Preferences on a Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also right-click on the ruler to select units. I prefer Command-Option-Shift U to cycle through units. I believe the Windows shorcut is Control Alt Shift U.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hilaz,

The units that are looking weird to you are picas, or in reality picas/points, hence the p in the middle: the X value is 16 picas and 2.9367 points, a bit like degrees/minutes(/further), or pounds/shillings/pence before the Dreadful Day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Add a group