• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Units set to be displayed in inches, showing MM

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the units preferences set to be displayed in inches in Illustrator CC, which it used to be displayed in. All of a sudden it has started displaying in MM for objects and art boards, and I'm assuming everything else. The preferences are still set to inches for all 3 options. I have closed the app many times and rebooted the computer twice. The app is and has been up to date. What gives? It is making it nearly impossible for me to get anything done. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you show the rulers (see View menu), right click on the ruler and choose Inches as the desired unit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The ruler is reading in MM as well. These two new objects I opened separately today are both scalable vector files and are editable as such. But one opened in pixels and the other in MM. Again, I opened them separately, not at the same time or on the same art board. I did open a file that I created in Illustrator months ago and it opened in inches. But with he preferences for units set to inches, shouldn't everything open or be placed in inches? It use to work that way. I haven't used the app in about a month, was fine last time I used it, but now its doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt quite understand what you meant the first time. But I opened one of them and right clicked the ruler like you said and changed it to inches and it fixed it. But I closed the file, and opened it again and it was in MM again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May have found a work around. Once I got it reading in inches I saved it. Then closed it and reopened it and it was in inches now. Still weird, should be in inches to start with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are many situations where it is quite useful to have the distinction between general preference settings and settings at the document level.

That is obviously the reason why it may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines