• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown Error Has Occurred (25,700) - Closes Illustrator during startup

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had AI for many years now, but suddenly this morning I get this message when trying to open-up AI, which I need for my business. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried system restore. Nothing. Please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator while launching it. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

1. Do you have a default printer set? If not, please set it as Adobe PDF and please launch Illustrator and see if it works.
  2. Screenshot of the error.
  3. Does it generate any crash report? If yes, please submit the crash report by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Hello @daniel28267815pz0y,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. If you're using a Wacom Tablet, we recommend trying an older version of the driver (6.3.46-2) to see if it resolves the issue.
If not, please follow the steps in this help article (
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version? Which system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version and Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michael_SGSG,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the "Unknown Error Has Occurred (25,700)" issue despite trying the suggested solution. This error can be quite frustrating, and we'll do our best to assist you.

It seems that Tracy resolved a similar issue by setting the default printer to Adobe PDF. This can sometimes resolve the "Unknown Error Has Occurred (25,700)" problem during Illustrator startup. Here are the steps to do that: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-printer-issues.html

To further investigate and resolve the problem, we'll need some additional information:

• Please provide the specific version of Adobe Illustrator that you have installed.

• Share your Windows 10 build number.

• Have you made any recent changes or updates to your system, such as installing new software, system updates, or driver updates? Please provide details, if any.

Once we have this information, we can offer more targeted solutions to help you resolve the issue and get Illustrator working as expected.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues, nothing that I can see has changed.  I have re-installed the software and added the PDF printer as my default, same issue (Error 25, 700).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues, nothing that I can see has changed.  I have re-installed the software and added the PDF printer as my default, same issue (Error 25, 700).

By @Eric32687372zf8c

And you have which system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro
AI Ver 27.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS Build:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Eric32687372zf8c,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing a few more details like: 

1. Do you have a default printer set? If not, please set it as Adobe PDF and relaunch Illustrator to see if it works.
  3. Does it generate any crash reports? If yes, please submit the crash report by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
  4. When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or browser extensions installed recently.
  5. If you are using Windows, please share the Event Viewer Logs. Please refer to the screenshot below:

clipboard_image_0.pngexpand image

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator while launching it. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

1. Do you have a default printer set? If not, please set it as Adobe PDF and please launch Illustrator and see if it works.
  3. Does it generate any crash report? If yes, please submit the crash report by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
  4. When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  5. If you are using Windows, please share the Event Viewer Logs, please refer to the screenshot below:

clipboard_image_0.png

Looking forward for your response.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh - This fixed it! Thank you so much! Somehow my printers were all deleted after the last MS Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you need any help in the future. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything outlined here and it still will not launch (25,700 error code)??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what was the fix?

I'm having this problem and I don't see any procedure to follow to correct the issue short of setting default printer to Adobe PDF - I do not have that as a printer choice so is there any other information about things we might try?  It used to work just fine and then yesterday it comes up with this error when you launch it and it just quits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS & Illustrator? You may also try resetting the preferences. Please follow this help article and let us know how it goes.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to add that deleting preferences fixed my case of this same problem.

Yesterday, 2 hours after I quit the program, did some other work, then went back into Illustrator I got this vague message (see attachment). I could not open any previous project or create any new ones, even after a reboot.

Today I used the keyboard shortcut (from the linked page above) as I launched Illustrator and I was able to open and create files again.

Thanks for a quick and painless fix. Hope this helps someone in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a printer set on default already and the article was not helpful. How am I suppose to change the preference if I cant get the app to open? error 1023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nvm I got it working thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it? Please tell me I've been facing the same problem since two days. My illustrator won't open and I have no clue how to check if printer is set on default or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since this morning, my Illustrator runs into this error too. I've tried all the previous things, like setting my default printer to Adobe PDF, resetting prefs manually, but it does not help. I've deleted my version (25.0) and tried to run the previous one (24.3), which still works fine. Updating that version again does not help either. What should I try to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've fixed it! What I did was remove all folders related to Illustrator 2021 (in %appdata%, program files etc.) and after that, fresh installation of version 25. I did make sure to back up all my folders and preferences, but since I could update from my already installed version 24.3 that proved unnecessary. I hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Yes. Same problem here. I go to open Illustrator from Creative Cloud and receive this notice.
'An unknown error has occurred (25,700)"
I have recently installed a new printer, and that printer is the default.
What am I to do please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having this same issue. I recently installed a new printer but I have set Adobe PDF to default and the error still occurs. I have tried setting multiple printers to default and still get the error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3-4 times and even installed an earlier version of illustrator and nothing is helping. Can anyone please assist. I can not work until this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error, did you know how to fix it? I don't know what I have to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines