Highlighted

Unknown Error Has Occurred (25,700) - Closes Illustrator during startup

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had AI for many years now, but suddenly this morning I get this message when trying to open-up AI, which I need for my business. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried system restore. Nothing. Please help. 

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator while launching it. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

1. Do you have a default printer set? If not, please set it as Adobe PDF and please launch Illustrator and see if it works.
  2. Screenshot of the error.
  3. Does it generate any crash report? If yes, please submit the crash report by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
  4. When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  5. If you are using Windows, please share the Event Viewer Logs, please refer to the screenshot below:

clipboard_image_0.png

Looking forward for your response.

Regards

Rishabh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unknown Error Has Occurred (25,700) - Closes Illustrator during startup

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had AI for many years now, but suddenly this morning I get this message when trying to open-up AI, which I need for my business. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have tried system restore. Nothing. Please help. 

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator while launching it. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

1. Do you have a default printer set? If not, please set it as Adobe PDF and please launch Illustrator and see if it works.
  3. Does it generate any crash report? If yes, please submit the crash report by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
  4. When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  5. If you are using Windows, please share the Event Viewer Logs, please refer to the screenshot below:

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards

Rishabh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version? Which system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracy,

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh - This fixed it! Thank you so much! Somehow my printers were all deleted after the last MS Update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you need any help in the future. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what was the fix?

I'm having this problem and I don't see any procedure to follow to correct the issue short of setting default printer to Adobe PDF - I do not have that as a printer choice so is there any other information about things we might try?  It used to work just fine and then yesterday it comes up with this error when you launch it and it just quits.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS & Illustrator? You may also try resetting the preferences. Please follow this help article and let us know how it goes.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a printer set on default already and the article was not helpful. How am I suppose to change the preference if I cant get the app to open? error 1023.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nvm I got it working thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines