• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown error has occurred when saving with AI 25.2.3

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With new version of AI 25.2.3, I can’t save my documents anywhere I tried to save it. The message «An unknown error has occurred» appears on the screen. I am on MacOs Catalina 10.15.7. Can you help me ?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this issue too out of no where, been trying out methods to fix my Illustrator for hours now and can't seem to figure anything out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart your machine? Save local? Turn off Save in Background in Preferences > File Handling.., ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting my machine, saving on the desktop and turning off Saving in Background, all of it doesn’t work. Save or save as with Adobe Illustrator.ai doesn’t work but I can save as .eps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just follow the steps to reset preferences... but even with new preferences, the problem is still there. Not able to save with .ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu... ) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me.

Steps:
i)Launch Illustrator
ii)Open preference by pressing “Cmd+K”
iii)Go to “File Handling & Clipboard”
iv)Uncheck "Optimize file Open and Save Time on Slow Network (Beta) "
v)Click ok

From this thread on another forum: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/38961718-ai-202...

Hopefully this will help you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines