• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlock Objects on Canvas Blocks Objects Below

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new unlock on canvas feature, but it is causing one problem. If a locked layer is above another unlocked layer, I can't select the layer below. My cursor will only select the locked layer. Which kinda defeats the purpose of locking a layer . . . 🤔. Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

This is obviously a shortcoming of that brand-new feature. I can imagine that it may lead to annoying selection issues in complex files (with many locked and unlocked (transparent) objects, for example).

In simple situations it may help to use selection marquees or Cmd/Ctrl clicking with the Selection tool on the unlocked objects twice.

I'd recommend to elaborately report it on Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is obviously a shortcoming of that brand-new feature. I can imagine that it may lead to annoying selection issues in complex files (with many locked and unlocked (transparent) objects, for example).

In simple situations it may help to use selection marquees or Cmd/Ctrl clicking with the Selection tool on the unlocked objects twice.

I'd recommend to elaborately report it on Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, it's april 2021 and the problem is still here 😞
The idea of the tool is good but if I can't select the object behind it makes completely useless. I guess that every user has deactivate it.
In fact, InDesign has that tool too, and it works just fine.
Astute Graphics has also a very intelligent lock/unlock tool.
I beg the Illustrator team to fix it because it could serve me in a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines