Highlighted

Unlock Objects on Canvas Blocks Objects Below

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new unlock on canvas feature, but it is causing one problem. If a locked layer is above another unlocked layer, I can't select the layer below. My cursor will only select the locked layer. Which kinda defeats the purpose of locking a layer . . . 🤔. Am I missing something?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

This is obviously a shortcoming of that brand-new feature. I can imagine that it may lead to annoying selection issues in complex files (with many locked and unlocked (transparent) objects, for example).

In simple situations it may help to use selection marquees or Cmd/Ctrl clicking with the Selection tool on the unlocked objects twice.

I'd recommend to elaborately report it on Uservoice.

TOPICS
Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unlock Objects on Canvas Blocks Objects Below

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new unlock on canvas feature, but it is causing one problem. If a locked layer is above another unlocked layer, I can't select the layer below. My cursor will only select the locked layer. Which kinda defeats the purpose of locking a layer . . . 🤔. Am I missing something?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt Gold | Adobe Community Professional

This is obviously a shortcoming of that brand-new feature. I can imagine that it may lead to annoying selection issues in complex files (with many locked and unlocked (transparent) objects, for example).

In simple situations it may help to use selection marquees or Cmd/Ctrl clicking with the Selection tool on the unlocked objects twice.

TOPICS
Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1