• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported video driver error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my drivers are up to date, but I still get the folowing error when starting Adobe Illustrator/ Premiere/ AE/ etc.

Knipsel-ai.JPGKnipsel-pr.JPG

When I click fix, I'm advised to update my drivers, but like I said all of my drivers are updated to the latest version:

Knipsel-hp.JPG

Please help

PS I also have Gforce 1050 graphics card, which also runs the latest drivers.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.
If you're getting this error with Nvidia graphics card. Please check out the latest version of the driver on https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us & see if you have any new version available.

If you do not see any update released within a year, then NVIDIA probably has discontinued releasing updates to your driver which is a bit old and either you can update the card or switch off this reporting via preferences.
Edit > preferences > General >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 238 Replies 238
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Illustrator 2021 version 25.2.1.236 still the same error....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out.
If you're getting this error with Nvidia graphics card. Please check out the latest version of the driver on https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us & see if you have any new version available.

If you do not see any update released within a year, then NVIDIA probably has discontinued releasing updates to your driver which is a bit old and either you can update the card or switch off this reporting via preferences.
Edit > preferences > General > Show system compatibility check.

Similarly, people getting Intel driver notification should check the updates on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics

If you find that that driver is latest, but Illustrator is still showing it as incompatible, then most probably it is an old graphic card. You can continue to use your old card as you have been using earlier. Suppress the check via preferences as mentioned above. But it is recommended to work on a later graphics card.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, please try suggestions given on this UserVoice post. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a illustrator 2021, on a lenovo yoga laptop windows 10.  Suddenly I opened Illustrator to work on an existing file and I got the message: system compatibility Report Intel HD Graphics 620 unsupported video driver.  I have repeatedly gotten the up to date driver and uninstalled and reinstalled illustrator....but still the error comes up and I have to contro alt delete to shut it down.

help!

Meg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. We have launched this new feature which checks the compatibility of your machine. If even after updating your drivers you're getting this system compatibility report. Please turn this off by unchecking "Show system compatibility issues at startup" under Preferences > General.

I am also attaching a screenshot for your reference:

Ashutosh_Mishra_0-1613639542151.jpeg

Hope it helps.

Additionally, we'd request you to upvote & add your comment on this Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42662191-system...)and stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me but I am unable to select the preferences as you recommend because the program it is totally locked...frozen.  I have to hit control alt delete to close Illustrator.  Is there another way to get around this...I am dead in the preverbial digital sea!  Thanks Meg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- On Second Thought: I decided my suggestion here was too crazy, so I'm removing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the system compatibility report also give you the option of "continue with known issue" as seen in screen shot below?  This is what the screen looked like to me in version 25.1  circa last week.  If you have that option, click on it and you can access the normal interface, and go to preferences ... so you can try to make the change suggested by Ashutosh Mishra.  Overall, it seems I was dealing with same issue with Lenovo Yoga, with combination of integrated Intel Graphics 620, and the add-on Nvidia GeForce GTX1050. The system checker says your Intel graphics are not up to standard, because it doesn't seem to recognize that the laptop has other capability beyond the integrated graphics. One solution offered to me via tech support at the time was to put the Nvidia graphics as a preference, but it also required "uninstalling" the integrated Intel Graphics 620. This allowed me to work with the application, but was super frustrating. That may not be the current recommendation, but I share the above for your information, in case it's useful to you for further troubleshooting.  I think the "show system compatibility" checkbox was perhaps added in response to so many people encountering this issue?  I don't recall seeing that checkbox when I was troubleshooting last week, maybe it's in the 25.2 update?

Screenshot 2021-02-09 231512.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my recent post had an error, I meant to say Intel HD Grahpics 30 for my Lenovo Yoga.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User ,

Can you please attach the "System Compatibility Report" file. You can get this file by clicking on "Export Report..." button on the System Compatibility Report Dialog.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing on Lenovo G50 Laptop "NVIDIA GeForce GT 820M". Here is my system report. Will do what suggested above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vjw43250504 ,

It looks like NVIDIA is not releasing any new drivers for this card. The last driver update seems to be released on 2019.4.11. 

Since this is an old hardware for which NVIDIA has discontinued updates to the driver, You will not be able to update to the latest driver. Though you can disable this System compatibility report from preferences.

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Sanjaykr for your suggestion.  Sadly, I can't get to the report button or to the coninue with known problem because those options are out of view and unaccessable.  I can't scroll down to get to them because the program is so frozen that I cannot interact with the touch screen or the buttons or the scroll bar (if one was available... which it isn't).

I will attempt to post a screen shot of what I am talking about...

thank you for your continued help with this issue...I am a graphic designer so I am a little desperate!

Meg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for your help, advice and support.  But most of all thank you to kevind89446956  who suggested that in order to get through the frozen screen I could hit the esc key which then allows me to get to Illustrator's preferences!  This allowed me to do as Sanjay initally suggested which was to: "uncheck "Show system compatibility issues at startup" under Preferences > General".  It works!  I am free to illustrate again!  Thanks again...my first experience with the community was very positive and successful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to find the preference section could anyone guide me step by step please..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see annything below the black box. My screen is frozen and will not allow me to use other functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you adjust your screen resolution or display scaling to see if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a System Compatibility Report that states there are know issues with Illustrator and Premiere Pro.

I updated my driver to the latest version but there is no change. 

Is there something I can do?

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. We have launched this new feature which checks the compatibility of your machine. If after updating your machine, you're getting this system compatibility report.

You may turn this off by unchecking "Show system compatibility issues at startup" under Preferences > General.

compatibility.jpg

Hope it helps.

Additionally, we'd request you to upvote & add your comment on this Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42662191-system...)and stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the screen I'm getting on both my desktop and laptop.  We updated the drivers on the desktop.  and still the same issue.  The laptop worked great until the upgade this morning, then this screen.  Is this a known problem with the 25.2 update?compatability issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. We have introduced this feature with the latest release of Adobe Illustrator 2021(v25.2).

Have you updated the drivers to the latest version as suggested? This report should not come up once the drivers are updated to the latest version.

If you wish to stop seeing this compatibility report, you may turn this off by unchecking "Show system compatibility issues at startup" under Preferences > General.

compatibility.jpg

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually when I get these messages... I go to my computer setting to see if there is a new update for my computer.  Most of the time there is and when I update it these error messages go away.

Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the laptop working after downloading the driver updates, but am still having issues with the desktop, but it's been wonky from the beginning, so it's to be expected : )

Thanks to everyone for their replies.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kay,
I also had that message on my screen yesterday. In my case, the drivers for the Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA Quadro K2000M should be updated.
Well, the problem is - at least in my case - that support for my graphics cards has apparently been stopped by Intel and NVIDIA and no new drivers are being released. However, the GTX 1060 is not that old and should actually still be supported.

Regards
Lorenz C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines