• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported video driver error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my drivers are up to date, but I still get the folowing error when starting Adobe Illustrator/ Premiere/ AE/ etc.

Knipsel-ai.JPGKnipsel-pr.JPG

When I click fix, I'm advised to update my drivers, but like I said all of my drivers are updated to the latest version:

Knipsel-hp.JPG

Please help

PS I also have Gforce 1050 graphics card, which also runs the latest drivers.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.
If you're getting this error with Nvidia graphics card. Please check out the latest version of the driver on https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us & see if you have any new version available.

If you do not see any update released within a year, then NVIDIA probably has discontinued releasing updates to your driver which is a bit old and either you can update the card or switch off this reporting via preferences.
Edit > preferences > General >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 238 Replies 238
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get further problems if you 'continue with known issues'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultnjgpan5oaixi This happened to me as well. Did you manage to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'd request you to share the system compatibility report here after exporting it. We'll review the information & assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Has anyone had issues recently, 3/10/21, with Illustrator not opening? It's giving me this error message, "compatibility report: Video Intel HD Graphics 620, unsupported video Driver. "

I've done a ton of computer updates on my Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 i7 laptop. But it still won't open. 

Any ideas?! 

Thanks, Kris

20210310_122841.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive got exactly the same problem, with the same driver (but I'm on an HP). Everything is updated, and I can't find a way to get around it. It also completely stalls Illustrator so I have to go into task manager to close the window.

I'd roll back to the last version, but my computer was on auto-delete when updating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

If you're getting this error with Nvidia graphics card. Please check out the latest version of the driver on https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us & see if you have any new version available.

If you do not see any update released within a year, then NVIDIA probably has discontinued releasing updates to your driver which is a bit old and either you can update the card or switch off this reporting via preferences.
Edit > preferences > General > Show system compatibility check.

Similarly, people getting Intel driver notification should check the updates on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics

If you find that that driver is latest, but Illustrator is still showing it as incompatible, then most probably it is an old graphic card. You can continue to use your old card as you have been using earlier. Suppress the check via preferences as mentioned above. But it is recommended to work on a later graphics card.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! 

I didn't get the driver updated, however I was able to hit the ESC button to get out of the Error message. Then disable the message in the preferences menu. Illustrator is working and opening at the moment, 3/18/21. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 16GB and graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M .

There is no way to update the video card (it is already 4 years old), the way is going to be to replace the card? It seems a little too much ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator work normally if you ignore the compatibility warning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested everything, ... but I believe that some resources are not accessible ... as it happens in Premiere, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which resources?

I am asking because it may be true that you have further significant issues, or it may be that there are minor annoyances, or it may be that there are no issues whatsoever.

I think this warning has muddied the waters for many users who may have gone on using Illustrator just fine without it.

For instance, a few versions ago I received frequent errors when using 3D effects. I don't know what caused it, but as it persisted through two separate computers, I doubt it was a GPU compatibility problem. If I had received this warning, would I have ascribed it to the GPU?  Would updating my drivers have fixed it?

Do users who don't see this warning never get GPU errors? Given their prevalence, I doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in time....the message on the opening screen says: System Compatibility Report: Unsupported Video Driver. Continue with known issues ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Similarly, people getting Intel driver notification should check the updates on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics

If you find that that driver is latest, but Illustrator is still showing it as incompatible, then most probably it is an old graphic card. You can continue to use your old card as you have been using earlier. Suppress the check via preferences as mentioned above. But it is recommended to work on a later graphics card.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, after updating illustrator to version 25.2, an error appears about an unsupported driver. The drivers were updated from the official nvidia website. The problem appears on the GT440 GT710 video adapters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

하윤5CAD_0-1613356538801.png

When I open the illustrator program, I will see a warning window like the picture above.

What should I do to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can turn it off in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since last update.

Could even not click the skip button: due to the windows-zoom of 250% it was out of the visible display-area and could also not be moved into the visible area.

Almost got stuck with this.

Had to set windows-zoom to 100%, open Illustrator and remove this useless setting.

Afterwards I set everything back and it was ok then.

(If you are working in a company, you have NO influence on what graphics driver is installed or that you want to update it. It is simply restricted and therefore not possible due to compony IT-guidelines.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I see this.....

I always go to my computer setting and see if there is an update for Windows.  Usually, there is.  After the update, it goes away.

This works for me 9 out 10 times! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

At least once a week I check for all updates our company has released for installation via central admin guidelines.

However, that one out of ten when you just get stuck is more of a pain then all 1000+ cases wich were fine.

Anyway... an error window should not be able to "hide" its buttons under any circumstances.

Either the message-window is automatically repositioned according to the display resolution an zomm settings etc. - or you can move it at least.

Not really an windows issue but an adobe one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20210215_130709.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I get messages like this I go to my PC settings and look first to see if there are any updates for Windows.  When there is, I update my computer and then the Adobe product runs fine.

Try that and let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am a new user here. Today I bought illustrator and installed it, however, an error message showing incompatibility with video driver appeared. I followed the link to the website and updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest, but it did not resolve the issue. Can anyone please help me on this? 

Attached is the report. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to look here and see if your Video card meets Illustrator's requirements. It got pretty stringent this past year:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lt/illustrator/system-requirements/2021.html

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines