• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update links results in multiple placements

Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a linked AI file (let's call it #1) placed into another AI file (let's call it #2). 

File #1 has three artboards with different art on each one. 

When I place #1, it comes in as a PDF and asks me which page, that's normal. #1 is placed into #2 three times, each time with a different artboard showing. 

When I update #1, updating the links in #2 doesn't act as expected. It places multiple copies of #1 in the middle of all the artboards in #2 at original size. It updates one or two of the placements, but not the others. I have to go in and manually update, and then delete the multiple, full size placements. 

I'm thinking that I could separate out the three artboards in #1 and that will fix the issue. BUT, I'm also trying to be fairly organized (by putting all the version 1 artwork in one doc) as this project has the potential to get way out of hand from a file standpoint.

Any other thoughts? Is this normal or am I just pushing it to the limits? (I sure do miss working in InDe.)

Thanks! 

FYI, Illustrator 24.3 on Mac OS 10.15.7.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?