Highlighted

Updating nested links

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a system with linked files (placed objects) inside linked files.

Specifically, I have an Illustrator for my pips (suit symbols), and these are linked into an individual file for each playing card.

For ease of export, I have another file that brings all my individual cards into one place.

I've changed the color on my pips, but my card layouts are already finalized.

When I go to my aggregate file, however, the cards display in the old color. This persists even if I open the individual file, see the new color displayed, and close the file again. However, it updates if I make and un-make a change in order to re-save each card individually.

How do I update my aggregate file to show the updated resources? Do I have to go into each file, make an edit, undo it, and then save? This feels wrong...

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ares Hovhannesyan | Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunatly, there isn't any option for auto updating linked files without saving original linked file after changing design in that file..

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Sync and storage, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updating nested links

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a system with linked files (placed objects) inside linked files.

Specifically, I have an Illustrator for my pips (suit symbols), and these are linked into an individual file for each playing card.

For ease of export, I have another file that brings all my individual cards into one place.

I've changed the color on my pips, but my card layouts are already finalized.

When I go to my aggregate file, however, the cards display in the old color. This persists even if I open the individual file, see the new color displayed, and close the file again. However, it updates if I make and un-make a change in order to re-save each card individually.

How do I update my aggregate file to show the updated resources? Do I have to go into each file, make an edit, undo it, and then save? This feels wrong...

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ares Hovhannesyan | Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunatly, there isn't any option for auto updating linked files without saving original linked file after changing design in that file..

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Sync and storage, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0