• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading an AI file to instagram as a slide show. Colors are not sharp.

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am very, very new to illustrator and not a graphic designer by any means. But I am having trouble with uploading an illustrator file to Instagram as a slide show. The purple colors don't come out as sharp. I've already tried many different ways of saving the original file. I exported as save for web, as a png, and as a jpge. The size image is 1080x1080 with a resolution of 72 but for some reason, the purple looks blurry on the words. 

The first two screenshots is what they look like when I post them as a "slide show" where you have the option to scroll to the next slide on the same post. 

The second two pictures look much better and when I post them individually that is what they look like. 

Hopefully, someone can help

IMG_3983.PNGIMG_3982.PNGMARIA copy.PNGMARIA2 copy.PNG

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Doug mentioned, each social platform use their very own image compression tool to deal with larger image files and outcome is not good. Always make sure to upload the max image size recommended for each social network, and no more. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

litsey,

In addition to what Doug and Ashutosh said, your choice of colour/saturation for text/background makes reading hard.

The colours are complementary, close to the most blurry combination of red/green, in itself making reading difficult, easier when enlarged so there is more magenta between the borders (a bit like counting poppies in a rapeseed field).

And they have much the same saturation, so little contrast.

Both difficult aspects are absent in connexion with the black text which

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they the same image? That is, do you export a single image from Illustrator, then upload it once as a slide show and once as an individual post?

There is nothing you can do in Illustrator to stop Instagram compressing your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Doug mentioned, each social platform use their very own image compression tool to deal with larger image files and outcome is not good. Always make sure to upload the max image size recommended for each social network, and no more. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

litsey,

In addition to what Doug and Ashutosh said, your choice of colour/saturation for text/background makes reading hard.

The colours are complementary, close to the most blurry combination of red/green, in itself making reading difficult, easier when enlarged so there is more magenta between the borders (a bit like counting poppies in a rapeseed field).

And they have much the same saturation, so little contrast.

Both difficult aspects are absent in connexion with the black text which is much easier to read although it is smaller, so much that the black text in the small version is also easier to read than is the magenta text in the large version, although the (font) size of the latter is two times and a half larger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Sorry It's been a while and thank you for all pf your replies. What is the best way to export your artwork from illustrator for Instagram? I am still finding myself to have the same issue. 

For example this image below not only does the green look super blurry but the white also looks a little blurry when you zoom in. But it's very weird because when I look at this same image through my phone is not as blurry but when I pulled it  up via desktop it's very blurry. 

Below is what I posted to Instagram 

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 7.07.45 PM.png

Below is the exported file 1080X1080 1.1 MB

 

Artboard 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you are seeing is the result of JPEG compression. And basically there is nothing you can do other than adapting your design itself:

Small type with intricate shapes in pure green just won't work in JPEG. Ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines