Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent question: How to automatically show percentage and values in graph

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

An (little urgent) question, hope someone can help me figure it out.
Found one video on this topic on YouTube on the but just can't get it working!

I made 3 different kinds of graphs in illustrator.

Now I want to add % and values into the graphs, just like in the attached examples.
I need this to filled in automatically, there is way too many data to do this by hand (with risks of mistakes).

Important:
- data should stay editable
- in Illustrator or InDesign
- The value or % should show/filled in automatically

Does someone know how I can get this working, our maybe a script/tool that can do it for me?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

This help document shows you how to do it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/graphs.html#adding_pictures_and_symbols_to_graphs

To get the numbers with percentage into the bar, you will need to have 2 text objects: one is just a percentage sign, the other one is the placeholder for the value.

Configuring this in pie charts will be close to impossible, because they reset when editing the data. This might also happen with bar charts, but with pie charts it's almost certain to happen. You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This help document shows you how to do it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/graphs.html#adding_pictures_and_symbols_to_graphs

To get the numbers with percentage into the bar, you will need to have 2 text objects: one is just a percentage sign, the other one is the placeholder for the value.

Configuring this in pie charts will be close to impossible, because they reset when editing the data. This might also happen with bar charts, but with pie charts it's almost certain to happen. You might want to tackle pie charts in different ways (depending on what exactly it is you want to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines