• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User interface font of all my Adobe programs is in italics?

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find anyone else with this issue online and need to know how to fix this.

Adobe font issue.PNG

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as if you may have removed a font that is included with Windows for apps to show menus.  Put back any and all fonts you recently removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, I haven't removed any fonts on this computer before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I agree with @Test Screen Name's response. You may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove the existing installation & reinstall once done.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately this did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have other applications running while Illustrator is in use? I ask this because I have had a couple of different type families act up on me when I have CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator running at the same time. If CorelDRAW is open certain weights of a couple of my type families disappear. But when CorelDRAW is closed they're all available for use. CorelDRAW on its own has issues. I have two versions of it running because one of the same type families in question only works correctly in CDR 2018 while all the bold upright weights of it disappear in CDR 2020; they all show up as italic.

I had contacted the designer of one of these type super families. He wasn't aware of this glitch. But he told me that Microsoft Windows is very primitive in how it handles font naming tables. The short of it is Windows only thinks there are four weights of any typeface (regular, italic, bold and bold-italic). When you have type families that expand way beyond that in terms of font weights and widths some tweaks are required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Verdana (4 faces) and the Tahoma (2 faces) properly installed on your machine? These are the fonts Adobe uses in its menu panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I tell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Verdana (4 faces) and the Tahoma (2 faces) on my machine but how do I know if they are properly installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If those fonts are in the Windows\Fonts folder they should already be properly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So clearly that wasn't the issue. This is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many "Segoe UI" fonts do you see in the Windows font folder? (Not just "Segoe" but "Segoe UI") I see 12. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

12 for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines