Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UserInteractionSuite v4 can not be loaded

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on a Plugin for Illustrator. Currently I'm trying to run the Plugin on Adobe Illustrator 2021.

More precisely I first had the version 25.0.1 of Illustrator, which did not work for MAC.

Then I updated to version 25.1, which results in an error loading the "UserInteractionSuite" (version 4) for MAC and for Windows.

Afterwards I tried to update the SDK from 2019 to 2021, because I thought there is maybe a new "UserInteractionSuite" included, which would run under AdobeIllustrator version 25.1. But, there is still just the "version 4 UserInteractionSuite" and it's still unable to load this suite on startup,

Any ideads?

TOPICS
SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

It depends at which moment you try to acquire suite. It could be that plugin that provides wanted suite is not yet loaded. Try to acquire suites after all plugins have been loaded.

Or best way, if you cannot acquire particular suite, release suites you partially loaded before, and from your main entry function try to return kSPSuiteNotFoundError, however i do not remember is this the right code, and AI will try again to load your plugin at some point later in initialization process.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After removing the UserInteractionSuite, I found another Suite which can not be loaded:

• kAIPaintStyleSuite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends at which moment you try to acquire suite. It could be that plugin that provides wanted suite is not yet loaded. Try to acquire suites after all plugins have been loaded.

Or best way, if you cannot acquire particular suite, release suites you partially loaded before, and from your main entry function try to return kSPSuiteNotFoundError, however i do not remember is this the right code, and AI will try again to load your plugin at some point later in initialization process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, later acquiring of suites fixed the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines