• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Data Sets - importing, naming and updating

Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a data set template a couple of years ago, and created about 20 labels with it.

At that time, I used the import script to bring the data sets in.  This year, some unique information is changing on each of those labels, and four new ones will be needed. I have a new spreadsheet containing all of the current data.

My questions -

Is there a way to update the data sets in the template document from a CSV, or do I need to create a new document, import the new CSV and re-associate the page items with the data?

The Data Sets come in as Record-1, Record-2, etc. Is there a way to automatically name them based on a field in the CSV, or am I stuck with renaming each one manually?

As of now, I cannot actually get a CSV to directly import. It generates this error  Screenshot 2019-04-11 10.26.57.png

I can use the Silly-V script on it, and it then imports with no issue.

I have looked it over, and I don't see any spacing or special-character errors that could be causing this. How can I track down whatever is preventing direct import?

Screenshot 2019-04-11 10.45.14.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Excel to create the CSV?

Can you open the CSV in a text editor and check the separator it uses. Is it really a comma or rather a semicolon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika

I did use Excel to create the CSV. Also, I checked the file in a text editor, and the separators are indeed commas, not semicolons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case you would use the script like you did the first time and everything will stay bound correctly as long as the variables are all named the same. Especially, in this case, the script is useful due to its presets feature. Saving presets for various jobs can be helpful and time-saving because the dataset name configuration is saved in those settings among other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines