• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Eraser Tool on 'placed' Image (png)

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on every forum trying to find out how to do this an d cannot get a solid answer. I placed in image on top of another image in my artboard. Now I am trying to erase only part of the top image to show some of the background image. The Eraser just denies me use of it when trying to erase part of the image. Do I need to convert it to something else first? Thanks for any help on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that inside Illustrator.

You could create an opacity mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to erase the part in photoshop and then export it as a tranparent png. Then place your edited png to illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that is so intuitive! I love having to use another tool to do a simple task! Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines