Highlighted

Using Image Trace

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone out there answer my question as a simple Yes or No.

1. When I use image trace within illustrator and I am happy with the settings I have made and it does to trace do I need to click on Expand or can I bypass the expand and just save the trace - Yes or No.

Cheers Bruce.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Bruce,

In this intriguing Yes or No question, I am afraid a clear answer can only be given as No and Yes.

That is, if I understand it in the right way: you can Image Trace and save your document, and then Expand later.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Image Trace

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone out there answer my question as a simple Yes or No.

1. When I use image trace within illustrator and I am happy with the settings I have made and it does to trace do I need to click on Expand or can I bypass the expand and just save the trace - Yes or No.

Cheers Bruce.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob_Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Bruce,

In this intriguing Yes or No question, I am afraid a clear answer can only be given as No and Yes.

That is, if I understand it in the right way: you can Image Trace and save your document, and then Expand later.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save it as a live object.

But:

You can only save it as an AI file and you will only be able to edit it in the same Illustrator version you have saved it in.

It will also work when you save a PDF with Illustrator editing capabilities, but again: it can only be edited in the same Illustrator version it has been created in. Also: you will need to either embed the template image or always keep it available with the AI file.

No, this questions cannot be answered with a simple yes or no.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0