Highlighted

Using pen tool on anchor point

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a curved line with the pen tool starting at the anchor point of a triangle but Illustrator will not allow me to do it. When I click the anchor point of the triangle using the pen tool, it will start the line slightly away from the anchor point. I've attached a screenshot. The anchor point is the bigger square and where Illustrator wants to start the line is the smaller sqaure next to it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt_Gold | Adobe Community Professional

The first thing that you may check is if Snap to Grid is turned on (see View menu).

If so, turn it off and try again.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using pen tool on anchor point

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a curved line with the pen tool starting at the anchor point of a triangle but Illustrator will not allow me to do it. When I click the anchor point of the triangle using the pen tool, it will start the line slightly away from the anchor point. I've attached a screenshot. The anchor point is the bigger square and where Illustrator wants to start the line is the smaller sqaure next to it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt_Gold | Adobe Community Professional

The first thing that you may check is if Snap to Grid is turned on (see View menu).

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines