using the artboard tool changes the background color

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the pasteboard set to medium dark, but whenever I use the artboard tool, it turns to white. How do I get the pasteboard color to always be medium dark?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you don't have overprint preview on.

View Menu > Overprint Preview

HTH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like the "Fade region outside of artboard" option has been unchecked—go to the Artboard Options and have a look, it's in the lower-half of the dialog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It fixed my problem! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I would like to add that "Fade region outside of artboard" is not the correct fix. Nor do I accidentally have Overprint preview on (This option makes the pasteboard white even when NOT in artboard tool)

Though "Fade region outside of artboard" appears to work, it fades all objects outside of the artboards which is not the behavior I am used to seeing. Normally the pasteboard stays the color I have it set to when using the artboard tool but just today it has started turning the pasteboard white when using the artboard tool. For me this is making my work more difficult.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, it WAS "Fade region outside artboard" but the document I was working on also had "Simulate Colored Paper" Turned on. Thanks tonyharmer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines