• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using tools when file has multiple Artboards

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there was a way to use tools like Wand and its features like "select all" or "select similar..." and have it a ssociated with only the artboard I am currently working in (on?). I have some "quick and dirty" work-arounds, but would rather do it with in-App features/tools if possible. Any tips would be apprieciated. Thanks

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

artboards don't really work that way. they aren't container objects like layers/documents. they just kind of sit behind the artwork, but the artwork doesn't really interact with them.

There is the option for "Select All On Active Artboard", but as far as i know that selects everything and there's no way to filter it by appearance as in the "select same" command.

it may be possible to do this with a script by using the wand, then checking the selected items to see whether they overlap your de

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artboards don't really work that way. they aren't container objects like layers/documents. they just kind of sit behind the artwork, but the artwork doesn't really interact with them.

There is the option for "Select All On Active Artboard", but as far as i know that selects everything and there's no way to filter it by appearance as in the "select same" command.

it may be possible to do this with a script by using the wand, then checking the selected items to see whether they overlap your desired artboard, and if not, removing them from the selection.

Another possibility is to use "select all on active artboard", grouping the items, then entering isolation mode by double clicking the group. then you can use your magic wand (or any other selection tools) without affecting anything that's not in that group. then when you're done with those edits, exit isolation mode and ungroup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DillamWowling

Thanks, that was really helpful. I thought work-arounds were going to be the solution. Good to know I guess. In the words of the 1980's G.I. Joe cartoon; "Knowing is half the battle."

Cheers

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines