• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VBA: Excel won't open Illustrator 25.1

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 2014 I've been using a VBA script in Excel to open Illustrator and create a document pulling cell data from Excel, row by row to create multiple images on one artboard that we then print on a laser engraver.

Twice since 2014 when Illustrator CC was upgraded I've had problems with the Tools > References for the Adobe Type Library.

The first time it was solved by simply unchecking the "MISSING" one and choosing the new one. The second time I had to downgrade the last CC version to 21.1.0 and turn off auto update.

Fast forward to this week and we have a new computer and that old version of Illustrator isn't availble and I'm having script problems again. I did change a few things so there are no red vba code errors and the code seems to run, however, Illustrator doesn't open at all. It runs and says "Complete" but Illustrator never opens.

I'm not a programmer but I think I understand most of the script and I belive this is what is not working now that was working in v. 21.1.0:

Private appIll As New Illustrator.Application
Private docTags As Illustrator.Document

I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be related to the same kind of issue being reported for 25.1 regarding AppleScript. It appears that the new update has done something to how non-javascript scripts are supported, according to these reports including this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using late binding instead of using As New

Set appIll = GetObject(, "Illustrator.Application.25")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I tried something close to that but I'll try yours specifically now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines