• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VCruntime140_1.dll error while launching Illustrator 2020 on Windows 7

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday everything was fine. Today I get a message that says "the program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. How do I reinstall Illustrator or how do add the dll file?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt Visual C++ redistributable files. Please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Apparently Illustrator (and many other programs) use C++, and need the most current version installed. The problem was fixed by installing the latest version from Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please follow the steps below to fix this problem:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the photography CC option and none of my CC programs would launch, giving me the same answer. My laptop is only a few months old and I tried this and it WORKED. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. I downloaded the files and Adobe works. Promblem now is my System is running at 60 to 70% usage!!!!!! What's going on here? 

Bryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I was usng Illustrator and today I tried to use it and got an error message.

The is the Error message:

'The program can't start becasue VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your cmputer. Try re-installing th program to fix this problem'

I uni-installed and re-installed.

Still no good!!

Can anyone help me please.

I've been on wait for Adobe chat for over 30 mins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems an issue with the Visual C++ redistributable packages. Try repairing and see if it works. See instructions in the following link it might help

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

Also use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and see if it helps

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday Illustrator worked fine, today it won't open due to the file VCRUNTIME140_1.dll mysteriously missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the second mention of this problem this week. You need to download the Virtual Studio from Microsoft and reinstall. Did the computer do an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does work!!! I used a program called "Dependacy Walker" that showed me that I was missing a bunch of files. Then I found out that I was missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 & 2019. You probably need all of them (from 2005) for Illustrator to run properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Impossible d'ouvrir l'application illustrator avec l'erreur ci-dessous :Capture.PNG

j'ai essayé de desinstaller et reinstaller l'application mais toujours la même erreur.

Egalement de réparer dans les programme l'application microsoftvisual C++ 2017 mais pareil toujours la même erreur...

Sachant que les autres app photoshop, indesign fonctionnent.

Avez-vous une solution ?

MERCI d'avance 😉

Léa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'ai le meme probleme depuis quelques jours.

Avez vous trouver une solution?

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

j'ai exactement le même problème.

les autres applis fonctionnent correctement.

Merci à Adobe de régler rapidement ce problème.

Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Voici ce que j'ai trouvé sur un autre forum et qui a fonctionné.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw in another thread that going back to version 24.1 helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep recieving this message while trying to open illustrator. I have tried reinstalling several times but still recieve this message. inDesign and Photoshop will still open. Any sugestions on what I should try?

I was running the most up to date version of Illustrator and am using Windows 7 Professional.

Capture.PNG

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also received the identical error. This occurred immediately after installing the newest update this morning.

Note that I am running Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now been successfully able to open Illustrator, after downloading and installing the newest Visual Studio C++ redistributable file from the Microsoft web site.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Note that you will need to know if you are running a 64 but or 32 bit machine to select the correct file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

イラストレーターを立ち上げようとすると、コンピューターにVCRUNTIME140_1.dllがないため、プログラムを開始できません。この問題を解決するには、プログラムを再インストールしてみてください。とシステムエラーがでます。

何度か再インストールしてみましたが、改善はされませんでした。

改善方法を詳しく教えて頂けますと幸いです。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visual C++Redistribute Runtimeのインストールがなされていない場合に出てくる現象です。

下記ページより、Visual Studio 2015、2017 および 2019のx64パッケージをインストールしてみてください。

https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

なおGet StartedからIllustrator Communityへ移動しました。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

教えて頂き有難うございます。

立ち上げる事が出来ました。

ここ数日どうしたものかと思いながら色々試しても

改善できなく困っておりました。

貴重なお時間を頂き、本当に有難うございました。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are happy that your problem with Adobe Illustrator has been resolved. If you need help in the future, contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this has been brought up before, but I have tried all the advice given in these old posts and I am not getting anywhere.

I am a new subscriber to the entire Creative Cloud Suite and the only application that is not working after I have installed Creative Cloud is Adobe Illustrator - the one application I need quite urgently.

I get the nasty dialogue box that tells me that "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, following the detailed instructions for previous posts on this issue and the only difference is that when I try to install the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015, I have trouble installing it because it keeps telling me it cannot find the 2015 file to replace it.

Please help, as Illustrator is one application I do need right now...

Thanks... Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I click onto Illustrator programs, it says that VCRUNTIME140_1.dlll was not found. I tried multiple ways to fix it but I couldn't. Anyone has solutions for this ?

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines