• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vector graphics and resolution-quality issues

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating digital art which is printed in big sizes (18"x24" 300 ppi).When I create the art I give the max dimensions to the image(18"x24" 300 ppi)

Now there are additional graphics and elements I want to add to the image-the graphics I want to add are 300 dpi but smaller in image size-so I need to scale them-so they fit my big document-I'm afraid that during the scaling of the outer graphics their quality will be lost-so I thought to embed external vector graphics and not raster-now i'm trying to understand if vector graphics have resolution-because I need the final document to be 300 ppi-So I wanted to be sure if I embed vector graphics can I scale them how much I want-without quality loss and If I rasterize them in the end -what resolution will they have(maybe the documents resolution)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Vector artwork doesn't have a resolution.

If you place raster graphics, those have a resolution. Watch out for the effective resolution, that is after scaling has been applied.

When you export to a pixel graphic then you of course have to set a resolution for the exported graphic. If that is a higher resolution than your placed raster images are, they will be interpolated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector artwork doesn't have a resolution.

If you place raster graphics, those have a resolution. Watch out for the effective resolution, that is after scaling has been applied.

When you export to a pixel graphic then you of course have to set a resolution for the exported graphic. If that is a higher resolution than your placed raster images are, they will be interpolated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no document resolution for vectors. The only resolution dependent factors in Illustrator are for raster effects and raster images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the resolution table and values.

No resolution value is needed for vector graphics. If images consist of pixels, resolution values are needed.

Illustrator does not use visuals like Photoshop. When you open the image in Photoshop program, you can have 300 ppi, but when you enlarge the visual size in the Illustrator program, the resolution value decreases.

You can see the value used from the Link panel to find the dimensions of the images.

Vector graphics do not use the resolution value whether they are created externally or in an illustrator.

cozunurluk tablosu.jpg

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue i am facing, i am creating infographic for my website if you found any solution let me know?

Link removed by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please explain your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines