Vector outline

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to display the outline of my vector illustrations next to the finish art to show the amount of work put in to it. How do I do this? DO I have to take a screen shot of it? I'm also on an IMac

TOPICS
Draw and design, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on exactly what you want to go for, but I would probably create a 'fake' outline mode version, with everything expanded, that's just thin strokes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot is fast and quick, adn monitors nowadsy have so much resolution this . if you prefer vector or to eb abel to customize:

Make a copy, swlect it, expand apperance, click where circled red set to default fill & stroke. Change stroke thickness to .5 pt or something you like. I chose a complex example to show what issues you may have.

MikeGondek_0-1607616466122.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. I've done this before but it's really not what I'm trying to achieve. I'm looking to show the actual out line "ouCello.jpgLady Hawk.jpgtline" mode that will show mesh, blending and gradiants. I've posted an example of an illustration I did a few years ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Outline view does not do the job?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outline does show the work. I'm guessing you have to take a screen shot and post it next to the finished art. How do you do that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you can have multiple views of the same file, create a New View. Change one to outline view. Give them equal space on the screen and take a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an IMac. How do you take a screen shot? I've been trying to figure this out for months if not years

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the backup, Ton.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoy the holiday times, Larry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines