Highlighted

Vector "transparent" backgrounds not in separate layer

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a sunburst vector to add to a photo and the checkered background is part of the image.  It is one layer in Illustrator an unable to be shut off.  How the hell is anyone to use this?  It's absolutely useless and astounding to me that you would have put in your collection. I've been reading this board for solutions and see that this is problem that people have been having for YEARS and still it persists. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Did you already buy the image?

If you didn't, all you get is a preview, which is a pixel file.

When you buy it, it should go like I describe in this video: https://youtu.be/Tiqm5hdQA5A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Vector "transparent" backgrounds not in separate layer

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a sunburst vector to add to a photo and the checkered background is part of the image.  It is one layer in Illustrator an unable to be shut off.  How the hell is anyone to use this?  It's absolutely useless and astounding to me that you would have put in your collection. I've been reading this board for solutions and see that this is problem that people have been having for YEARS and still it persists. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

When you buy it, it should go like I describe in this video: https://youtu.be/Tiqm5hdQA5A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a very annoying practice.

Whan can you see in the layers panel? If you open up all sublayers/groups, can you see the pattern there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot for the file showing all layers in the layers panel 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to stock companies' ancient file requirements, clip arts with glow effects might be a daunting experience. About this channel: My name is Monika Gause an...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0