• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing an AI created pdf document in Acrobat Reader

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help.   I created an AI document...now trying to save as a pdf so I can get the document printed at Staples.   AI will create the pdf...and I can open that pdf within AI with no issues.  However, when I try to open the pdf with Acrobat Reader, I only get a blank page (all white).  Not sure why.

Any suggestions?  Are there limitations with Reader?

When I created the pdf..I have tried almost every setting combination...too many to list here.

HELP!!!

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Louisa,

Are you sure that the Layer containing the artwork is set to Print (you can DoubleClick and see)?

And can you still see the PDF in AI if you save to PDF with Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities unticked?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show us the screenshot and tell us the properties you used. Do you have Artboards? did you include empty artboard by mistake?

Try to open it in Acrobat full version to check? and re save it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Louisa,

In addition to what Chana said, I believe you may simply have the artwork outside the Artboard. To make sure you can View>Show Artboard if not already shown (in which case the dropdown list bit will say Hide Artboard).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chanaart/Jacob,

I do not think the Artboard is the problem.   I can see the Artboard...and hide it and/or resize it.  My graphics are inside the artboard.    What screenshots would you like?  Project Settings?  Print Settings?

Frustrated.

I can open the pdf within AI...no problem.  The only issue is with Reader.   The Artboard dimensions are correct also...8.5 x 11.

Thanks.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save the files?

And since this is 24.2.1 - did you reset preferences after updating?

Can you also try and turn off "Save in background" in Preferences > File handling and clipboard? This setting prevents saving of PDF for some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Louisa,

Are you sure that the Layer containing the artwork is set to Print (you can DoubleClick and see)?

And can you still see the PDF in AI if you save to PDF with Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities unticked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob....Big thank you.  I double clicked on the layer and checked "Print".   I could then see the saved product in Reader.

Thanks again.

LOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Lou.

One of the sneaky things, hard to guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines