Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual Memory

Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for ways to improve Illustrator 2021 performance.  I'm curious what virtual memory settings to use.

Currently I have 2 SSD drives.  1 is 475GB and the other is 1TB.  I'm also using 32gb of DDR 2666 ram.

The recommended paging file sie is 4947 MB. I set the Currently allocated size to 9811 MB.

Should I set it higher?  I'm not noticing much of a difference.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI rarely even uses a page file, so as per your own experimentation messing with this doesn't do anything unless you work with large pixel-based documents that have a huge number of linked images. Only then will AI actually use the page file for chaeing the preview data, but given that it crashes half the time, I'd consider this more or less a moot point, too. So whatever performance you hoped to gain won't materialize.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have plenty enough of ram available that paging to your disk probablly won't even be neccesary.   You wouldn't want it to do that anyways, only as a last resort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines