Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Driver broken by AI 2021?

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else had this issue.

I think it's AI 2021 that's at fault because my Wacom Cintiq driver stopped working IMMEDIATELY when I installed AI 2021 and it gave me the warning on launch that the driver was out of date.

I'm running Mojave on a 2013 MBP. Checking for compatible driver updates now.

I'm fine with AI not liking old software but not happy that it's effecting the use of the Cintiq for everything else.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before updating anything (system, application software, drivers,etc) you need to always make sure that everything else you have will still be compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fussed that AI 2021 isn't compatible with the last Cintiq 21UX driver produced by Wacom.

I am more concerned that the way it failed to support the driver carried the issue over to the rest of the Mac. That's not a good outcome.

Fortunately a restart and uninstall of AI 2021 will fix this. There's always AI 2019 to fall back on (unless you, daringly, choose to delete old app versions on updating).

Currently my apps folder is littered with old Adobe app versions, eg- I keep Photoshop 2017 as it still runs older plugins I rely on, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check back with Wacom?

And did you install the driver exactly as Wacom instructs you to? And set the privileges for Illustrator correctly as well? Apple is so obsessed with  security that often they prevent you from using your own computer (yes, I'm on a Mac as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Monika and sorry for the late response.

The driver was installed correctly and has behaved well until the install of AICC2021.

Privilledges were always inherited during updates in the past so his problem did not occur with previous versions of AI, which did not throw an error.

Wonder why this one is different?

I'm still running Mojave so maybe this AI install is not supporting that when it comes to old drivers somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please docheck the privileges.

Don't rely on anything youset up years ago (or even weeks ago)

And please contact Wacom and ask them if it is supposed to run and if they can guarantee you that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please check on the Wacom website if there is some diver update.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines