Highlighted

Wacom Intuos Pro - my hand is registering as a touch in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium (2019) with a Mac Book Pro (also 2019 edition). When I am working in Adobe Illustrator my hand is moving the view of illustrator around instead of the pen. So for example, when I selected the zoom tool, as I move my hand across the artboard (with the pen lifted away from the surface) it zooms wildly in and out. Another example would be when I have Selection Tool selected, my hand as it moves across the tablet surface causes illustrator to move randomly around the screen. I don't seem to get the same issues when in Photoshop (but I do in InDesign?!).

When I turn the 'Touch' function off on my Wacom tablet the problem goes away. But I kinda need that touch function as part of my workflow. 

Can anyone help, its driving me crazy?!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wacom Intuos Pro - my hand is registering as a touch in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium (2019) with a Mac Book Pro (also 2019 edition). When I am working in Adobe Illustrator my hand is moving the view of illustrator around instead of the pen. So for example, when I selected the zoom tool, as I move my hand across the artboard (with the pen lifted away from the surface) it zooms wildly in and out. Another example would be when I have Selection Tool selected, my hand as it moves across the tablet surface causes illustrator to move randomly around the screen. I don't seem to get the same issues when in Photoshop (but I do in InDesign?!).

When I turn the 'Touch' function off on my Wacom tablet the problem goes away. But I kinda need that touch function as part of my workflow. 

Can anyone help, its driving me crazy?!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! But I don't think this is a feature request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option for palm detection in Illustrator. So if you want that, please tell the engineers.

And actually I'm not quite sure if that is the job for the application or for the driver. So, just post that feature request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Resources