• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet/Illustrator issue

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message when starting Illustrator: "Illustrator found an issue with Wacom driver. Upgrade to the latest version Wacom driver then enable your wacom device using Preferences>Devices>Enable Wacom Option."

But I have the latest version of the Wacom driver.

Anyone else have this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Hi Ivan,
what version of Adobe Illustrator are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Wacom drivers again? Having problems with other Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Hi CSD Laura,
try to do a new installation of Adobe Illustrator and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,
what version of Adobe Illustrator are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Wacom drivers again? Having problems with other Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I am having the same problem, I removed my old Wacom driver and yet Illustrator seems to keep giving me this error and crashes. Do I need to reinstall Illustrator?

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CSD Laura,
try to do a new installation of Adobe Illustrator and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud so the is the latest version of Illustrator.

I will try reinstalling the Wacom driver.

No other problems with Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the Wacom driver and that fixed the problem! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ivanp,

we are happy that your problem has been solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same message coming up but in my case I cannot upgrade to the latest driver as my tablet is too old. What exactly is Illustrator checking for? Maybe I can just put a file somewhere with a special file name to make it look that I have the latest driver?

And how does Illustrator keep updating what it looks for?

Would be great to find a way to stop this unnecessary check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @uweh73374318,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying to manually delete and reinstall the Wacom Drivers (https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006264541-How-do-I-uninstall-manually-and-re-install...), as suggested by gianvitulano, and checking if it helps?

If the issue persists, kindly share some more information, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed and the Wacom device model /driver version, so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Anubhav, 

will do. But could you in the meantime also let me know, what Illustrator is actually checking for? 

There is no such message in Photoshop for example.

Thank you very much,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work for me unfortunately. Any other idea?

Thank you,Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@uweh73374318  schrieb:

That did not work for me unfortunately. Any other idea?

Thank you,Uwe

You are answering an old thread here. And you wrote that your tablet is old. Perhaps your system is old as well? Can you please tell us your Illustrator version and system? Wacom probably does not supply a driver for you tablet that suits your system anymore and in that case you are doomed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Monika, yes, I think I better close this particular thread and continue the one I opened new?

It is under: Can I deactivate the pop up message on mac about Wacom driver has a problem?

Thank you very much for your attention,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines