• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want do divide my logo on equal parts and each one with a different color

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have a logo that is purely a shape. I want to divide it on equal parts and give to each one a different color. I want to achieve something similar to this.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Draw a path for a segment on top of your logo, select only the path an choose: Object > Path > Divide Objects Below. Repeat for other segments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw a path for a segment on top of your logo, select only the path an choose: Object > Path > Divide Objects Below. Repeat for other segments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I've got this right, you want to split it diagonally across the top-left-right corners and split the bottom curve?

This should be pretty easy. Your Transform panel and your Zero point are your friends here:

1) Open the .ai file with your shape.

2) Press Cmd/Ctrl+R to open your rulers, depending on whether you're using a Mac or Windows system, respectively.

• Why the heck does Illustrator still open without showing the rulers automatically?!?

3) Place crosshairs using your horizontal and vertical ruler guides in the center (or thereabouts) of your artboard.

4) Go to the spot where the rulers intersect at the top-left corner of the document window. Hold the mouse button down and drag the Zero point crosshairs to the center of the ruler guide crosshairs, and release the mouse button.

5) Select the shape. Open the Transform panel

6) Click on the center dot of the Reference Point proxy in the top-left of the panel, then change the X: and Y: edit boxes to 0. Your shape is now mathematically centered around the centerpoint of the crosshairs, and now you can use your Scissors tool along the crosshairs to split the shape into even parts and fill evenly divided portions as you see fit.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why the heck does Illustrator still open without showing the rulers automatically?!?"

Check in Preferences > Show/Hide Rulers Across Documents

Or create a New Document Preset with Rulers On.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom.

I've had Show/Hide Rulers Across Documents work within a AI session, but not by default when I started the next session. But it's been a while since I've tried it. I'll take another shot at it the next coupl'a times I'm in and out of Illustrator. Unfortunately I'm into so many different presets/custom setups, I don't know if setting a preset with rulers would work for me.

Thanks for the tips, though. It's the one thing about working in Illustrator that drives me absolutely nuts!

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's how the Preference setting works, but not only for the current session, it seems to remember if the rulers were on or off for the next session.

It will even override a document preset with rulers on if the rulers were off in the session.

It will only honor the setting of the rulers in a document preset if the Preference setting is off.

Now it is driving me nuts too! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. didn't mean to share misery ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already recovered 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show/Hide Rulers Across Documents

Hi Ton, where's the setting? I can't seem to find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos, I just updated Illustrator and it is now called Show/Hide Rulers

Rulers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah, no wonder I couldn't find it. 

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines