• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warnings and problems with saving and sending.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have tried to edit an image at the request of a customer. When I save the ai file I get these warnings: The documents raster effects resolution is 72 ppi or less and only fonts with appropriate permission will be embedded. I need this to be saved in pdf. When I forward this file, the recipient gets the original file without the changes I have made. Anyone know what's going on? I'm new to this and trying to figure it out.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is it and exactly where do you save files?

Can you try if saving works better when you turn off background saving n Preferences > File handling & Clipboard?

As for the fonts: They are probably very old fonts that have the embedding permission turned off. There's no way you can change that except installing newer versions of the font.

The document raster effects resolution can be changed in Effects > Document raster effects setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lasse,

The "I have tried to edit an image at the request of a customer."

has made me wonder whether the purpose/use makes it viable to consider outlining any troublesome font(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines