Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watercolour Brush To Stay Inside Lines/Shape

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm a bit of a newbie to illustrator and would love for soemone to provide info on if it's possible to fill a shape with the watercolour brushes? I basically want a shape that I've drawn to be neatly coloured in with the look the water colour brushes give. I've tried gradients and they are just not the look I'm after.

Any help would be so wonderful!

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Hi Nikki!

You need to select the shape you want to fill and then click on the Draw Inside button close to the bottom of the main toolbar (the long, vertical one). Then if you use the Paintbrush Tool, all the strokes will be confined in that shape.

You can switch between the different drawing modes by using the Shift+D keyboard shortcut.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikki!

You need to select the shape you want to fill and then click on the Draw Inside button close to the bottom of the main toolbar (the long, vertical one). Then if you use the Paintbrush Tool, all the strokes will be confined in that shape.

You can switch between the different drawing modes by using the Shift+D keyboard shortcut.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoon,

Oh goodness, thank you so much! I almost feel silly that it was right in front of my face. Thanks so much for taking the time. It's working a treat 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines