• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wedding invitation cards for printing (printer wants them send in .png?)

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please help.

I am creating a wedding invitation card for my relative. I made the card, saved it as I normally do in .pdf with bleed and print marks. But the printer (my relativeĀ“s friend) wants them to give him .png of the card.

I have only been working with print files for about two years, but I have never been asked to send something in other format than .pdf or .tiff. 

The question is, how should I export the invitation card so it contains all the print marks same as .pdf does, and does not lose quality? 

Thanks in advance for a reply.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would find another printer.

I don't think there's a way to do this except entirely manually (i.e. draw the trim marks -- or use the 'Crop Marks effect', and incorporate the bleed into the document size before exporting).

But before I do any of that I would want to know exactly why they can't work with a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Doug for your reply.

Yeah I could not figure out a way either, that is why I asked. I am not doing that manually that is for sure. Will try to talk to them and see what the problem with .pdf is.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Doug, this is a weird way of printing good quality work, however there are a bunch of scripts you could use (I use a couple of these https://sites.google.com/site/dtpscripting), once run, just do a select all then choose "Fit to selected art" in Artboards (Object menu) and export. (But don't! You want the best quality so pdf is the way to go...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Created PDF can be exported from Acrobat as png with all printer marks. This can be also a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines