Highlighted

Weird artefacts when printing outer glow effect

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am using Illustrator 2020.
I have an outer glow effect  applied to a shape and also a drop shadow multiply effect to get a neon effecr.
In Illustrator everything looks great on screen.

When exported to a Pdf there are white artefacts.
When printed no matter if out of AI or Acrobat there are black artefacts. Can't solve this.
Anybody have an idea? Image 1 is the smooth display in AI and image 2 the artefacts in Acrobat when saved as X1-a 

I have set the screen resolution in document setup to high resolution because this needs to be printed

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird artefacts when printing outer glow effect

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am using Illustrator 2020.
I have an outer glow effect  applied to a shape and also a drop shadow multiply effect to get a neon effecr.
In Illustrator everything looks great on screen.

When exported to a Pdf there are white artefacts.
When printed no matter if out of AI or Acrobat there are black artefacts. Can't solve this.
Anybody have an idea? Image 1 is the smooth display in AI and image 2 the artefacts in Acrobat when saved as X1-a 

I have set the screen resolution in document setup to high resolution because this needs to be printed

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a photo of the artefact when I am printing

3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
WaMo LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just in case, anybody has the same problem. I couldn't solve the problem and decided to import a PSD file with an outer glow element and transparent background.

Solved the artifacts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0