Highlighted

Weird behavior with th blinking text indicator in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Since the last update, I had trouble with the text tool in Illustrator. Most of the time I can't see the blinking text indicator or cursor. Sometimes it appears when I zoom in but disappears as soon as I zoom out. Oh, and it sometimes appears and disappears in the same text block as you can see in the recordings attached. I recorded the weird behavior. I really hope there is a fix because it slows down my workflow so much as I don't know where I am in my text block. 

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird behavior with th blinking text indicator in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Since the last update, I had trouble with the text tool in Illustrator. Most of the time I can't see the blinking text indicator or cursor. Sometimes it appears when I zoom in but disappears as soon as I zoom out. Oh, and it sometimes appears and disappears in the same text block as you can see in the recordings attached. I recorded the weird behavior. I really hope there is a fix because it slows down my workflow so much as I don't know where I am in my text block. 

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it get better when you turn off the GPU acceleration in the preferences?

Or the live preview?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows? Does that happen if your baseline shift is set to 0?

I rarely change baseline shift, but when I need to can be annoying in illustrator as the cursor is off position, but that is logically correct. In this recent update my cursor beam is even worse as the size changes.

MikeGondek_0-1601682739777.png

Also did you change any settings in area type options? The new vertical type align might be buggy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above, please try resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and let us know if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0