• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird bump goes outside of Illustrator shape.

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at wit's end! I've got a curved shape in Illustrator and there's a weird bump sticking outside of one of the edges when filled. It goes outside of the path edge when it shouldn't - as shown in the image, the line looks good in Preview. Moving the handle on the anchor point to the right makes it go away, but that messes up my shape. Help!Illustrator-BumpOutsideShape.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Does it disappear if you switch to CPU Preview (under the View menu)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it disappear if you switch to CPU Preview (under the View menu)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does! Ugh, I'm an Illustrator newbie. Does that fix it for exported formats such as EPS, PDF, JPG...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't matter for exports. It's a minor bug in the GPU preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not be relevant when saving or exporting your files. It is a preview issue on screen.

If you want, you can vote for enhancements on the Uservoice section. Perhaps and hopefully this annoying GPU/CPU scrap will go away some day.

And, sorry Doug, in my eyes it is not a minor bug. It is a major bug (or call it "inconvenience") that may remarkably affect the way you work with the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're right, I mischaracterised it. It is only 'minor' in comparison to some of the other GPU bugs that have come up here, but they're all a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines