• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird checkerboard glitch happening?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new update illustrator has been glitching and this checkered pattern will appear on top of everything. It will go away if I move the art board but then it comes back a couple of minutes later. Does anyone know what this could be?weird.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and update your graphics card driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says that my graphics card is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to switch to CPU Preview: View > View Using CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so first off. Thankyou. this worked. Second, why is this still a glich that I happened across in 2021?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will continue to produce issues.

GPU acceleration transfers rendering and other tasks to the graphic card processor. This gets updates faster than some people change their underwear. And graphic card producers might care about how fast video or games render, but typically not about Illustrator. The Illustrator team on the other hand just cannot test on every single possible graphic card/driver version/system version/other hardware combination. There are thousands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't sound very convincing, sorry. I use many other programs for many years and I  have to say that Illustrator became unstable since CC version. The main sense of the any updates is making the program work better, not worse. If thier soft became so sensitive to the hardware configuration they should publish the list of "trusted" or "tested" hardware configurations 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause, your link is "Minimum system requirements" and it is not the same as the "list of the tested hardware configurations" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a list of tested video cards on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue ( "chessboard" pattern) on my Surface Pro with 16 Gb RAM when "CPU Preview" mode is off.
All the drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does View > Hide Transparancy Grid help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton Frederiks,  Transparency Grid is hidden all the time, so it's not about the Transparency Grid I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have the same issue ( "chessboard" pattern) on my Surface Pro with 16 Gb RAM when "CPU Preview" mode is off."

Does that mean that GPU Preview is ON?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report this bug in the link belwo

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines