Weird colour saturation issue happening in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love some help with an issue I'm having with Illustrator. I've tried to explain as clearly as possible.

Colours are appearing oversaturated compared to the true colour. I have two separate documents open, with the exact same yellow block of colour and each look different. If I copy the true colour block and paste into the other document, you can see the difference in colour. If I drag the true colour block across the screen, it will change to oversaturated. As I've tested it out in different ways, sometimes the incorrect colour will revert back to normal.

I've attached screenshots.

I should add that I'm similar problems in After Effects. I've exported jpg and png files into AE and they are showing up way oversaturated, despite being true colour in AI.

I've recently migrated to a new Macbook and am using brand new updates of the Adobe CC suite.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

I don't see a difference. Does it also happen when you select View > Preview on CPU?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Weird colour saturation issue happening in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love some help with an issue I'm having with Illustrator. I've tried to explain as clearly as possible.

Colours are appearing oversaturated compared to the true colour. I have two separate documents open, with the exact same yellow block of colour and each look different. If I copy the true colour block and paste into the other document, you can see the difference in colour. If I drag the true colour block across the screen, it will change to oversaturated. As I've tested it out in different ways, sometimes the incorrect colour will revert back to normal.

I've attached screenshots.

I should add that I'm similar problems in After Effects. I've exported jpg and png files into AE and they are showing up way oversaturated, despite being true colour in AI.

I've recently migrated to a new Macbook and am using brand new updates of the Adobe CC suite.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

I don't see a difference. Does it also happen when you select View > Preview on CPU?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that worked, thank you! Is there an equivalent for After Effects to resolve the same issue I'm having there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've switched to Preview on CPU and now Illustrator is incredible laggy and slow. It's basically unusable at this point. It'd be great to get some explanation on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need a better graphics card for your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a brand new Macbook Pro. I shouldn't need to upgrade my graphics card to run Adobe Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphics card is it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Resources