• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the new Illustrator Community!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are so excited to have you join us on your creative journey with Illustrator.

My name is Sujatha Reddy and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Om Nath Jha. My team and our community of experts will continue to guide and assist you as usual in this new space.

We hope you like the new experience!

If you have any questions or comments about this new community, feel free to post here. We are listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go adobe, Form over function! Face palm.

This UI sucks becuase of the information density is VERY low.

My monitor is 3440 x 1440 pixels, thats 4.9 MILLION pxiels to show FIVE posts on a screen!! 

This UI SUCKS becuase it has VERY LOW INFORMATION DENSISTY. Its so hard to scan through posts at a quick glance.

This is why designers suck somethimes, they design things they dont acutally use. If the people who designed this new layout actually used the forums they would have noticed that this is a huge drop in functionally. The abibily to quickly scan a list and see the top 20 posts is gone. What was 2-5 seconds of low mental effort is now pages and pages of scrolling and having to seperate headings from content. Its a MUCH HIGHER cognitive load to get the same information as before.

An update should EXPAND on current functionaly not replace it. Iterative development trumps a redesign.

My 2c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👍 and when your on the road you can only see two posts on the iPhone. What a screw up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry to say this "new" format is a disaster compared to the way the old layout was. Honestly, was there any thought put into this and any oversight on the developer?? Compare with the old layout and be honest.....how is this an improvement? On my iPad Pro 12.9 I can only see four posts on the screen. There is no listing of topics or any way to filter top topics or unread. I waste too much of my time scrolling through page after page of.........never mind. If you were to post a poll......how do you honestly feel it would go????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask what sense there is in not making the Sort Order sticky? In the Illustrator Forum, if I switch to Most Recent from Relevance, every time a return to the list of posts from reading a thread, the order returns to Relevance. Quite an inconvenience. (And by the way, relevance to what exactly?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time …

Simple, dense, practical, without frills.

adobe_forums_2006_overview_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an old saying that's very appropriate right now...."if it's not broken don't fix it". What was the matter with the old forum layout?? It's really, really, interesting that those who designed and developed this "New" layout hasn't made any comments in its defense. Maybe waiting it out knowing it will all blow over and be forgotten. What a shame. This new forum UI really bites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 days later, lots of questions, concerns, and issues posed by the community.... And not a single response from Adobe.. this rollout should have started as an opt-in redesign instead of a sudden forced adoption. Some people rely on the information in these forums for work.. Lowering the information density and restricting the filtering methods has a real impact on the amount of time it takes to find some information..

Please just go back to the old version and make this one an opt-in so that people can explore and give feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I spend a lot of time in the Acrobat Standards and Accessibility group and posted several functional issues of the new site in the Topic's Welcome thread asking for feedback only to get two generic replies then the thread was locked a few days later. This now, to me, works like a quick IM app rather than a tool to search through or post technical issues for forum regulars to easily find and provide detailed support that users may not be able to find elsewhere. Every feature that I try to use only hinders my efforts to do either. Very frustrated with this, and to be clear it is not a nebulous "I don't like change" type of complaint. Change is good. This, however, feels as though it was designed with one goal in mind by developers that seemingly have never used a forum before---or at least not the previous version of the Adobe Community Support Forums. I have to hit reply now because if I hit Enter for a new para break it will auto-post. Too, I can't edit for **** in this mobile IM app single line of text reply box. UGH. Reply then Edit Post. Lovely time sink we have now!

*EDIT*

On the plus side, I am getting a lot of forum trophies!

>=\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oy! 

I wish I had the time and got involved in the ACP testing of the new forum whenever they were announced and stuff.

Umm. I wish I had somehow been able to back up the entirety of the forums from the beginning of time due to the priceless code snippets and technique descriptions. Illustrator is one thing, I've been mostly keeping up with it and know a lot of the "dos and dont's" by memory - but it's those ID and PS posts from super long ago, even obscure Bridge posts - what a trove of knowledge is now scattered among the stars!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, please Adobe beg JIRA back and bend the knee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, c'est peut être moderne mais à mon avis pas une réussite...

Je voudrais savoir où est passé l'espace forum en faraçais ?

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The language specific forums are gone. Please post to the product forum in your native tongue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je peux même pas corriger le texte du message précédent,

c'était l'espace forum en français  ?

Est en plus c'est très lent sur une connexion ADSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, the forum pages load very slowly for me too on a good connection. Sometimes a page will only load partially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.!

Though I haven't the experience of old forum yet I find this format a good one. Change is the part and digital community. I appreciate the new look with exciting features of this forum. Apart from that, i am very much excited to join this thriving community. This part of web is just amazing. I love illustrator and wanna make it my career goal. Thank you Adobe for creating the opportunities in this world

Regards.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which of the features do you find most exciting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not have experience in the "old" forum please think twice about complimenting the new forum. For we who rely on this form the change is a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has now been 12 days without a response from Adobe to the tsunami of negative feedback from this new format... Stylistically it is a step down. In terms of information density it is a step down. In terms of usability it's a step down. In terms of ability to find very valuable information from the past, it's several steps down.

Are you guys honestly not going to respond to any of these complaints made by the people who use these forums every day? Honestly ever since the switch was made from CS to CC it really seems like Adobe just quit caring what people think. They get our money every month regardless of whether they actually fix the things that are broken, so why invest any time or effort into keeping the community happy?

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed, Adobe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trés bonnes remarques, je suis entièrement de votre avis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if i can just tack on another complaint... i got 71 identical email notifications alerting me that @renél80416020 liked this message. SEVENTY ONE email notifications. Not only is the usability of the forum severely compromised, but the back end logic appears to be quite buggy as well. i've never received so many post notifications from any forum in general, but 71 identical messages to let me know that someone liked my comment?? this is just absurd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not like williamadowling's post

BUT I REALLY WANNA 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lolol. sorry. i couldn't help myself and i liked yours. i hope you get fewer than 70 notifications about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, Please give us our forum back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another thing... the email notifications are far too vague. it's not clear WHAT is being liked or responded to until you click on the link.. the conversation topic is not enough information to know what is being responded to. And then after you click on the link.. it just takes you to the top of the conversation.. then we're supposed to scroll down (and expand every thread) until we find the thing that's different??????? So if we don't know exactly how it looked before we clicked on the notification, we can't know what the notification was in response to without looking at every comment and subcomment.. This is truly untennable. we had something that worked.. something that nobody complained about... now we have something that would fail if it were submitted as a project in a web design college course.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to set a Translation language preference instead of selecting it every time. I realize English is at the top, which is probably because it is dominate language in the forum, but what about folks who have to scroll down EVERYTIME to translate into their native language. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines