• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the new Illustrator Community!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are so excited to have you join us on your creative journey with Illustrator.

My name is Sujatha Reddy and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Om Nath Jha. My team and our community of experts will continue to guide and assist you as usual in this new space.

We hope you like the new experience!

If you have any questions or comments about this new community, feel free to post here. We are listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where's the Illustrator Scripting forum?? my bookmark to that forum brings me to the regular illustrator forum and other than just filtering by topic, there doesn't seem to be any links to the scripting specific forum. please tell me that forum will sill exist..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for now I am very lost in this new interface ... Can I see only the Illustrator Scripting community as before? I can not find my lasts replies if someone still have a doubt or anything else and latests questions about the scripting.

Can you help me?

Thanks

-Vinícius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Vinicius. I really hope the scripting community will remain accessible like it was before.. I don't want to just be filtering the regular illustrator community for scripting topics...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course Wil, manual filter is like looking for a needle in a haystack (In the Dark).....Please adobe don't do it with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like this new update is more of a few steps back than a step forward in community development.
Old links to previous topics no longer work so any old posts with those refrences are now useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The development community doesn't need a prettier or trendy interface but something useful, practical and easy to handle, especially considering that one of the most valuable things is sharing with new users who are just starting out with learning. Hey front-end colleagues listen to our pleas _/\_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my. The new layout is terrible. I have to scroll through page after page to see what's new instead of the old format that showed all the titles and time posted (but no body, title only). Now on my iPad they're are four posts per page FOUR!! My gosh it'll take forever to scroll through it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed Boomer.....A simple list would suffice. If this new look was in paper format there would be far less rainforests!

As usual, Adobe just doesnt know/relate to its user base...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get to see only threads that I have not yet read?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear that's an option right now. I only see filters for community, resolved, and unresolved..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. So do you think every time we come back to the community, we have to scroll through every post to find out where we left off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats how it looks right now.. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not a good experience with this new format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not helpful to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helpful comments are being ignored. i don't blame Boomer_503 for not wasting time explaining why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excited to see how the forums are evolving! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the ultimate in sarcasm or do you really like the changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I do joke around quite often. I actually do not mind the changes. I trust Adobe and I am sure they will take everyone's ideas and feedback into consideration. Having worked in Marketing and PR, I know change is always quite shocking to a community. But the forums look so much cleaner than before when it comes to the overall look. I am sure they will have update to it, no system is perfect upon first release.

I have faith things will fall into place and work out! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to search in, for example, only the SDK area? I'm finding that searches are so broad now that they're really not very helpful anymore. In addition, relevant posts are not found. For example, before the site redesign, I participated in discussions regarding BBAccumRotation in the SDK area. This search no longer finds them -- an ordinary Google search does, however, although the links to the post no longer work, which means those discussions are effectively inaccessible.

I used to be able to visit the one area, e.g., SDK or scripting, and see only posts relevant to my purpose for going there. Now I'm regularly kicked back to the top level and have to repeatedly drill back down through Illustrator, then to the sub-group.

The search and scope problems also compound each other. I just added a post and the site listed other "related" posts. No, those posts were not related. I mentioned "dictionaries" in Illustrator SDK, which is an internal data structure, and I was presented with items where users choose various foreign languages in Photoshop or Acrobat. There are, in fact, many other related posts within the Illustrator SDK area regarding dictionaries that are relevant, but none were listed.

There's a wealth of information in these forums, but it's now much more difficult to find it and this format makes it much more unlikely I will have opportunities to contribute to it. May we please have the old format back?

======= Update, one month later

I needed to do a search in the Illustrator SDK area for posts regarding "Catalina." The site says it found 66 matches. I see 6, none of which relate to the SDK section, and there are no widgets to see more pages with the other 60 of them. The forum is still unusable. I'd like to believe Adobe could do better. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, Yes, you can sort it by selecting the SDK topic on the main page. Please see attached screenshot.

Screenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, I Donn't see this option at all? Where should this be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the main "Illustrator" page. up at the top right. See here: https://i.imgur.com/tmzCdqT.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when a user creates a new discussion thread but does not know to apply the Topic types (because visually, they really do not demand attention at all)? How would we then filter Topics for that thread other than swim through several other disassociated posts to find it? I understand that all the older forum sub-group threads were apparently auto-tagged during the conversion but how well will that translate for future threads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Om. My topics are listed across the top, not grouped at the right. I'd expect it to function the same, though. I tried selecting the SDK topic in Illustrator and the page displayed messages from unrelated topics. I did a search within the Illustrator SDK topic and it returned messages on using Photoshop and other topics totally unrelated to either Illustrator or its SDK. I'm sorry, but this forum is really just not nearly as useful as it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines