Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are interpolated colors?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm currently learning more about creating swatches in AI, can someone give me a simple explanation of what 'interpolated' colors are? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

If, say, you had a blend between a red object and a yellow object, the red and the yellow would be included, but the orange from objects created by the blend would not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which context did you encounter that word?

I interpret it as colors generated by using a blend between two different colors. But whoever told you that word, might refer something completely different. So what is it, you want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for that, 

I'm reading through Helpx Adobe's 'About Swatches' information. In the section 'Add colors from artwork to the swatches panel', it states that when you automatically add colors to the Swatches panel, all colors in the document are included, except for a few different instances, one being the "interpolated colors in blends". I just want to understand what this phrase means in this (theoretical) case.

I kind of understand it now, based on your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, say, you had a blend between a red object and a yellow object, the red and the yellow would be included, but the orange from objects created by the blend would not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that makes sense, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines