Highlighted

What are your Watercolor techniques?

Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have been spending the better part of  a week trying to learn how to make watercolor art in Illustrator. And I just mean how to get started, what direction to go. I'm running into dead ends, so Im also pursuing Photoshop routes. But I'd like to stay in Illustrator for obvious scaling/vector purposes, but if I can understand it, I'd also love it if I could experiment with animating the art using After Effects.

Anyway, the point of this post is ask what you guys do to create watercolor art. Ive looked all over for tips, tricks, techniques, and tutorials, but all I'm finding is information on how to create brushes. Theres a lot more to creating art like that than just knowing how to obtain a  brush or two. Theres how to use it, layering, and blending. They don't even adress pressure or sizing. Im just not finding anything like that. I want to learn how to make things like birds, flowers, and marbled styles that look like rivers (idk how to explain the style).

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What are your Watercolor techniques?

Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have been spending the better part of  a week trying to learn how to make watercolor art in Illustrator. And I just mean how to get started, what direction to go. I'm running into dead ends, so Im also pursuing Photoshop routes. But I'd like to stay in Illustrator for obvious scaling/vector purposes, but if I can understand it, I'd also love it if I could experiment with animating the art using After Effects.

Anyway, the point of this post is ask what you guys do to create watercolor art. Ive looked all over for tips, tricks, techniques, and tutorials, but all I'm finding is information on how to create brushes. Theres a lot more to creating art like that than just knowing how to obtain a  brush or two. Theres how to use it, layering, and blending. They don't even adress pressure or sizing. Im just not finding anything like that. I want to learn how to make things like birds, flowers, and marbled styles that look like rivers (idk how to explain the style).

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a wide-ranging field and there are nearly endless ways to create things you are calling "Watercolour techniques".

It would certainly help if you could provide some sketches that show what you mean by "styles that look like rivers".

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
varxtis LATEST
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, should have added images as ref. The priority is the Abstract River/Marble art style, but then I definitely

want to learn floral designs and petals.

client1920.jpgdepositphotos_141547276-stock-illustration-seamless-texture-with-cherry-blossoms1920.jpgdepositphotos_186914224-stock-photo-watercolor-floral-wreath-pattern-blue1920.jpgpurple-blush-watercolor-floral-clipart-collection-1a-1920.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0