• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What community did you replace Todd Macadangdang's Illustrator World with ?

Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With community I mean the uber duber forum and galleries where highly appreciated and sought after professional illustrators were willing to share in detail their style, workflow, and expertise with anyone who would ask ?

Off-topic and casual illustration chat was also great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you're talking about.

Was that an Adobe forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not an Adobe Forum. It is about a website http://illustratorworld.com. Started and run at the time by Todd Macadangdang who was a manager at the Illustrator portion of Adobe. You could upload artwork to a gallery. Communicate directly with artists on their gallery pages. Join the community forum and get/give advice. The beans were spilled. The website also had its own IllustratorWorld.com eMagazine. Alas at some time their servers were hacked, and there were no backups.

Todd's gallery was featured in the Adobe Illustrator CS WOW! book (by the almighty Sharon Steuer).

And Brian Denham (who drew the Iron Man comics for Marvel) mentioned him in one of his Illcraft blog articles : "I talked to Todd Macadangdang from Illustrator last year at Comic-Con and told him some of the features I didn't like in Illustrator Creative Suite and how I wouldn't upgrade until some of the functions of some of my favorite tools were fixed." : https://illcraft.blogspot.com/2005/07/i-upgraded-to-illustrator-cs2.html

But the real kick was that so many well known and unknown illustrators would meet there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of thing doesn't happen in forums anymore. Social media groups and live streams is where all the talk takes place. Also on Discord, Slack & Co. Use Behance to contact people you are interested in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise that. I'm just interested in what **others** used to replace Illustrator World. I ended up at Illcraft and Digital Art Tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not much Illustrator talk/chat going on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few facebook group chats and discord servers where i still talk with other creators about illustrator. I think finding a group based on your specific use of illustrator can give you the best result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not so much that I'm searching for tuition. It's exactly the talk/chat that I'm after. Which you refer to. I'll check out the FB groups. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines