• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do I do about Wacom and Illustrator?

Participant ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe technicians are telling me that the reason why Illustrator is buggy for me is Wacom. Get rid of Wacom, Illustrator works. Fine. But this puts me in a bind. What do I use instead of my tablet?

My Wacom is old and cheap (Bamboo MTE-450) and I'm up to date on drivers (5.3.6-6, 2015).

Do I shell out the money for a newer Wacom? Is there one that will be certain to work with my Adobe suite? Is there an alternative to Wacom? I asked the technicians and they did the phone call equivalent to shrugging their shoulders. Perhaps there is a policy in place that stops them from answering this question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Sometimes an older Wacom driver works better than the latest one.

You could also try and trash Wacom prefs.

Also you could call Wacom support.

Adobe technicians can't answer your question about third party hardware, because several system variables might matter in this as well. Setting up this kind of complex system with all of these components working together smoothly is the job of an IT consultant and should be paid, because it requires a good market overview, a lot of experience and also whoeve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes an older Wacom driver works better than the latest one.

You could also try and trash Wacom prefs.

Also you could call Wacom support.

Adobe technicians can't answer your question about third party hardware, because several system variables might matter in this as well. Setting up this kind of complex system with all of these components working together smoothly is the job of an IT consultant and should be paid, because it requires a good market overview, a lot of experience and also whoever sets it up for you might also need to be made resposible for failure (which requires then an insurance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I would like to continue to use my Wacom tablet if possible. I'll try some of your suggestions.

As far as why the Adobe techs can't help, your logic makes a lot of sense.

Thank you again for providing clarity to my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually Wacom hardware is quite durable. I would definitely try the Wacom support. They have always been helpful when I contacted them and they should know best if your device is still supported by your specific system.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines