• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Adobe Illustrator? It is absolute crap now.

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe Illustrator professionally since version 8 back in 2000. Has always been a great fairly solid piece of software, the last solid version "I still use today" is CS6, very minimal if any buggy software issues.

I have been hesitant to make the jump to the CC platform, and in my 2 months of experience with Illustrator 2021, it is absolute garbage.....

• measurement issues when selecting multiple objects

• preview issues on an i5 with integrated iris pro 6200 graphics

• some toolbars won't even display sometimes

• resource hog 

• 

If adobe does not create better software I think we will stick with CS6 for as long as we can until a soild competitor arises..

Adobe, you've really dropped the ball on creating good software that is not heavily plagued and buggy

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have those issues so it is difficult to agree.

Perhaps if you were to go into more detail about them (or about one of them at a time), solutions could be forthcoming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing, just posting my experience with this software. Been using it heavily for a long time, thought my 2 cents would help someone else out in making the decision to jump into buggy software that is not ready for the public.

Adobe shouldn't use their own customers as beta testers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i5 and iris pro is pretty low end these days, I suspect. I'm on an i5, 2015 model, with a 2gb amg radeon, and that one struggles. The radeon is an upgrade from the integrated iris. Iris is not for professionals, unless you are making very simple and light things. Some other programs do perform better on the same machine, but usually those are much lighter on features.

Otherwise I wouldn't really quibble with your complaints, but I do agree that you should go through the issues one by one to see if they can be sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree.  Every feature now seems to work in reverse of the legacy version and I'm afraid to click anything because it will try to install new software in my computer every time.  The whole Adobe suite now feels like a crappy webpage designed to entrap you into subscribing for a service you don't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clicking anything in Illustrator will not install new software.

The only feature that works better in older versions is Image Trace. 

So in order to help you, we would need more details of what you are experiencing. This is a user forum. 95% of people are not Adobe staff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines