Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Happened to Film/Video Templates?

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My workflow heavily involves importing Illustrator files into After Effects. The film/video templates worked wonders as the 2nd artboard prevented the artwork made by our graphic designer from cutting off.

In Illustrator 2021, however, all the Film/Video templates are default 1 artboard, and adding a 2nd doesn't work the same way. I am struggling to recreate the original conditions of the template but continuing to do this manually really slows down the workflow.

Does anyone know what happened to these templates? How can I import them or create new templates that work the exact same way as before?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

I am using a MacOS Big Sur 11.1

If anyone else runs into this bug, here's how I fixed it: 

-Uninstalled Illustrator (Remove Preferences)

-Deleted the folder "Adobe Illustrator Library 25" found in Library > Application Support > Adobe

-Reinstalled. The presets still claim there is only 1 artboard, but it continues to work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new document video presets works for me as expected.

Check if they are visible in the Illustrator app folder inSupport files > New Document Profiles.

It is not a solution (probably reïnstalling does) but you can save an older file with the 2 artboards in that folder and use that to start new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document present was in the folder. Reinstalling didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using a MacOS Big Sur 11.1

If anyone else runs into this bug, here's how I fixed it: 

-Uninstalled Illustrator (Remove Preferences)

-Deleted the folder "Adobe Illustrator Library 25" found in Library > Application Support > Adobe

-Reinstalled. The presets still claim there is only 1 artboard, but it continues to work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines