• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Zoom in CC?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always held down the option key on a mac and scolled to zoom in and out. Doesn't work on CC. Is there a setting for that I'm missing? I can't locate it.

Thanks-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Apologies for the long wait. The bug has been fixed in the latest Illustrator CC update (17.0.1). Please install the update either through the Creative Cloud Desktop app or in-app by Help > Updates. 

For more details on this update, kindly refer to: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer

Message was edited by: amxyz

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 152 Replies 152
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have added my <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa! It's a Christmas miracle.

God now I only hope I remember how to zoom with the mouse and can re-engage it back into my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wen't to update and it said the Mac Update was taken down because of problems? Seriously? So we're back at square one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There was an issue with the initial update (17.0.1) on Macs. That update is Windows-only.

However, Adobe has released an equivalent update for Macs now - Illustrator on Macs should get an update through the Creative Cloud app (menu bar). When applied on Macs, this update appears as the 17.0.2 update.

In essence, this bug should now be fixed for both, the Windows (update 17.0.1) and the Mac (17.0.2) platforms.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to update, but the unCreative Cloud Desktop app now tells me this whenever I click on the "Apps" tab.

Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 5.42.52 PM.png

Really, I'm not surprsied.  I have come to expect nothing but the worst possible service and support from unCreative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

There's no updates available yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here,

iMac and magic mouse.

Scroll zooming is my favorite too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat as others.  CS6 worked fine, CC does not.

option-zoom does not work with magic mouse or built-in trackpad.  Works fine on a 10 year old scroll wheel mouse.

15" MBP

Well, pretty  much same details as everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. This is really frustrating.

17'' MacBook Pro

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

OS X 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my iMac.

27" iMac (late 2k12)

OSX 10.8.4

Apple Magic Mouse is not working.

Logitech MX518/G400 works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

This was a most usefull feature all across the Creative Suite.

Please, bring it back soon ! ! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 weeks now, going on 4th week with no update or reply from Adobe. I had really high hopes for the cloud applications, being able to solve issues like this in a timely manner. Looks like I set my standards too high for what to expect. You'd think they'd at least have the decency to give SOME update. As I said before (and apparently it fell of deaf ears), if we knew it was 1 week away, 2 weeks, or 2 months, it could help us modify our workflow to work around it. Instead, we get treated like we don't matter. I expect more from Adobe. I'm very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on cs6 since I first noticed this problem.

Honestly I like cs6 better in some ways anyway, really hate the comically huge free transform buttons that do the same thing as click+cmd has done for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using zoom tool in Illustrator CC in Windows 7 64 bit, holding down the Alt key turns the cursor to a hand and not to a magnifying glass with a minus in it.

Illustrator CS6 works as it should do.

This needs fixing ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know I have the same isue and I am on OS 10.7.5 so it is aqn issue of support for the magic mouse it seems and an important issue.

It should be fixed have you gus filesd a bug report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

if not we all should do so I  am in the process right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, everyone needs to submit a report to Wade's link:

Forums make us feel better for airing out our complaints.  Actual bug reports get things fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesC4S: Forums make us feel better for airing out our complaints.  Actual bug reports get things fixed.

This is an important statement to understand.

Anyone and everyone new or old to the this thread, spend the time to file the Bug Report rather than post here in this forum.

It will take you 2 min. or less to complete.

Do it.

Message was edited by: bsilverthorne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Bug report submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They said that they have engineers working on this more than a month ago. Filing more bug reports isn't going to make their team in India get this done any faster. Clearly QC isn't a priority or this would have been patched prior to launch.

I would suggest using CS6, like I've been doing since discovering this bug on the first day of installing CC. With this and the ridiculous bugs with the type tools in Photoshop CC, the only CC program I'm bothering with right now is Indesign, which they surprisingly did an awesome job with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smb8282 wrote:

They said that they have engineers working on this more than a month ago. Filing more bug reports isn't going to make their team in India get this done any faster.

totally agree with you, bug reports (the more the better) are only good to get Adobe's attention and decide if bugs are worth fixing.

I think once they acknowledge they're working on a bug, there's no need to remind them there's a bug.

...on other totally unrelated news, I thought I read CC would make updates and bug fixes faster than the speed of light...you know, unlike the now old model when they used to have the upgrades/bug fixes ready so quick, but they had to wait the whoooooooole 1.5 year cycle to deliver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been checking this forum religiously since I discovered the bug the day after CC launched. I know that posting here won't make them fix it any faster, but I sure would appreciate somebody from Adobe taking the time to give an ETA on the fix. I am using CS6 in the meantime but I'm not really happy to do so indefinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug report FINALLY filled!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going on 7 weeks with not a peep out of Adobe. Gee, thanks guys. Really appreciate being ignored for 7 weeks. Odd thing is, you didn't seem to ignore me when it was time for my payment to go through.

Pitiful, pitiful response from Adobe. I couldn't be more disappointed in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CustomLaser wrote:

Odd thing is, you didn't seem to ignore me when it was time for my payment to go through.

Oh!  Thanks for reminding me.  I need to cancel my subscription. 

Between this absuredly simple bug and trying to trick CC subscribers into paying for a seperate Lightroom 5 license (oops), I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix planned to resolve this behavior but I do not have a date for when it will be available.

We'd like to thank everyone for their patience as we work to get it resolved as soon as we can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines