• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS AT ADOBE?!

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seriously about had it... your updates are the absolute worst!! Are you even using the software?? You have taken a decent program and turned it into a pile of unusable crap year after year. Please resolve these issues...

1. With the latest update you just removed the ability the two finger pan and zoom when you have the brush tool. Nobody wants to paint with their fingers! And even if they did, two finger gestures should be separate!! Nobody wants to switch to the selection tool just to pan and zoom!! This has entirely interrupted my workflow... your entire focus should be on a touch, pen, keyboard interface. Develop this software for seamless usability for devices like the Surface Pro and Surface Book. Anything else, and you're going in the wrong direction...

2. With the latest update the align tool now randomly decides to switch to Align by Selection as default....

3. With the latest update, the program has become an even further resource hog. Quit bloating this software and establish some principles that will develop lean and mean software.

Finally, since I've calmed down a little bit I will share some positive notes.

I like the panels moved to the right. I think it's a nice change that I can see speeding up my workflow. However, it's not quite there, and I'm hoping to see some further refinement moving forward. For example.. one of the most used buttons in Illustrator, the Select By control should be in the QUICK ACTIONS section. Because it's not, I have to turn the Control bar back on... Which makes the effort for the right panel almost useless...

I feel like this program is being developed by people who don't take the time to consult those who actually use it. I have never been so frustrated at a piece of software in my life. Every update is providing more and more of a negative impact to my work flow....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

We have a fix for Align to selection issue and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI and get the latest build titled Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.2  - Hot Fix.

This build is of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christ91558460  wrote

1. With the latest update you just removed the ability the two finger pan and zoom when you have the brush tool. Nobody wants to paint with their fingers! And even if they did, two finger gestures should be separate!! Nobody wants to switch to the selection tool just to pan and zoom!! This has entirely interrupted my workflow... your entire focus should be on a touch, pen, keyboard interface. Develop this software for seamless usability for devices like the Surface Pro and Surface Book. Anything else, and you're going in the wrong direction...

We have fix for the two fingers pan and zoom also on the prerelease build I mentioned earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If CorelDRAW is that good, then why are you wasting your time with posting in this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. You are not talking to Adobe here. This is a public forum. And at least 95% of people are other users.

I have used CorelDRAW. And while I like some of the features, I don't find it intuitive. At all. The thing is: when you are not used to an app, then you can't expect to be able to use it efficiently. They are just too complex these days. Probably you have grown up with CorelDRAW. I have grown up with FreeHand. I had to learn Illustrator when I switched. I didn't expect that, but later realized that it's logical that this is the case. The application concepts are too different.

And mind you: I also use Affinity Designer sporadically. And Inkscape and a couple of other vector apps from time to time. They are all unintuive to me. Probably their regular users think differently about that ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There are clear benchmarks to judge the ergonomics of a tool. And one clear indicator is the amount of clicks one needs in order to get a result. Illustrator is just no match for Corel in that regard. "

I'm pretty sure that you have proof for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking for proof. I don't want to find out myself. I want you to deliver the facts that your statements are based upon.

You can't, because you don't know Illustrator? Well, then please just don't post unfounded crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, you didn't. All you have is anecdotal evidence. That is not proof. It's just your personal observation based on casual usage of Illustrator and somewhat more experienced, but maybe or maybe not expert knowledge of CorelDRAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: you base your assumptions on anecdotal evidence and not on a holistic view of different workflows. Everybody has a different need for different functionality and these need to all be compared in both apps and only then can you finally judge which one is the most efficient and flexible and ergonomic to use.

You don't have that proof. You just judge based on your own workflow and your own knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about BASIC functionalities like ctrl/c and the likes, that are likely to be used hundreds of times in any given project or operation. I'm not talking about particular functions that may never be used by some but frequently by others.
If Adobe decided to change ctrl/C to some far away menu point perhaps even without any key command as an alternative you would think that to be very unergonomic (correct me if I'm wrong.) 

The fact that Adobe can't even harmonise the key commands in it's Suite is a clear indicator that ergonomics play a lesser role in their design. That's hardly "anecdotal evidence" but a simple fact, which you can ignore if you like, but which doesn't alter it. 

If you want proof over whole projects it certainly would be interesting to compare and count the amount of clicks it takes to finish an operation or a project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you only want to talk about your workflow (which you just assume is everyone's workflow). That's fine, but based on that, you cannot make a single general assumption. And if you don't want to talk about my workflow, then why should I continue to discuss this?

And mind you: In this forum, like me, more then 95% of paticipants are not staff. If you have feature requests and want to actually improve Illustrator (and not just sell CorelDRAW), please post on user voice: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind discussing your work-flow. But of course one can only ever talk about one's own experience with any authority. Nevertheless some things are facts. If it doesn't make any difference to you that key commands for the same functions are different when moving from Illustrator to indesign then that's fine. If I however designed a mobil phone, where the pick-up button was red and hang-up button was green I'd be sacked... For good reasons. You cannot just dismiss the observation such observations as "anecdotal". These are simply pointless design errors which wouldn't be tolerated in any other field. You may well have got used to stepping on the table to turn on the light but that isn't good design. It's a no-brainer really considering that you are a designer this should be obvious.

And even if other parts of Adobe work-flows are good or even better than Corel it still doesn't make sense to have bad functionalities on the micro-level, like the aforementioned cumbersome key-commands and functions hidden deep down the menu path. Sure it's an objective criterium to strive for functions being as few clicks away from the surface as possible. Anything else simply doesn't make sense unless you see virtue in them being so far away as apparently one of the persons in this forum does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017? Why is this showing up three years later? What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agreed! I used the align tool with nodes to straighten lines in mudmaps and floor plan layouts and now it aligns a line with something else, not even on the page? I've tried everything to turn it off. completely unusable align tool. Thanks Quackers! you've destroyed a once useful tool. It's like going back to the Quark XPress days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agreed! I used the align tool with nodes to straighten lines in mudmaps and floor plan layouts and now it aligns a line with something else, not even on the page? I've tried everything to turn it off. completely unusable align tool. Thanks Quackers! you've destroyed a once useful tool. It's like going back to the Quark XPress days!

By @siobhan74

Please do either:

describe your issue in this forum and show screenshots (helps with understanding) in order to get help (remember we're not Adobe staff unless we're taggd as such)

or

post a bug report to http://illustrator.uservoice.com 

in order to reach out "to Adobe" (the engineers responsible for the product)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real problem here is that the business model needs a constant "improvement" feed to justify the fact they are making you pay a monthly fee (since the justification is : you have constant updates). Hence tons of unnecessary new features / changes, which severely damage usability when it should enhance it (scoop : everything was already at the top in 2015).

I just had to use Illustrator because my stupid employer does not provide me with Axure (I'm an UX designer)... and I'm becoming crazy with this new auto "grouping" system for objects. Making a damned basic selection is like walking through the halls of hell.

And don't start me on photoshop selection tool off-pixel...

STOP ADDING. START FIXING ! AND LEARN HOW TO K.I.S.S. [removed]
Make Adobe Great Again, like the suntaned idiot would have said a few (far too long) years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm becoming crazy with this new auto "grouping" system for objects. Making a damned basic selection is like walking through the halls of hell.

By @Xavier5EC0

What do you mean by this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was alone facing the same problems in this and similar threads. I have doubts as to whether the developers or people at adobe actually use the products in the real world, other wise they would not take something that was working perfectly ten versions ago and decide to change to the current state. Some of my suggestions (1)_ keyline mode in indesign (2) fast mode in illustrator (3) copy/paste text from anywhere to anywhere else , especially photoshop and especially when saving filenames ( all programmes ), instead of haveing to type the file name. It works on windows but not on mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the annual subscription for premium and ended up having to duplicate my work in both Adobe and MS Word because Adobe does not save any of my updates. It's the absolute worst experience with a software I have ever had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ama30570876fdbq  schrieb:

I purchased the annual subscription for premium and ended up having to duplicate my work in both Adobe and MS Word because Adobe does not save any of my updates. It's the absolute worst experience with a software I have ever had.

lease create a new thread, tell us your system and where you save your projects and exactly describe the problem.

This forum is 95% volunteers. Staff is marked as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines